Honored Contributor

Re: odd or weird combos you like

I like to slice a can of corned beef, cover in ketchup and warm in the air fryer.   

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RedTop wrote:

I like to slice a can of corned beef, cover in ketchup and warm in the air fryer.   

YUMMY - NOT. ENJOY.

Honored Contributor

peanut butter and cheese together

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

How about potato chips on sandwiches? So yummy!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mersha  You're not alone.  As kids whenever we got a roast, my Dad would cut off a small piece, pound it a little bit, put s/p on it and give it to us kids.  We didn't eat it on bread, just a small bite. 

@Mersha wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  Proudly, at least the raw French fry would not kill you!

I remember they went to a small neighborhood store to have the steak ground up.  It must have been something that was passed down through the generations.  I grew up in Pittsburgh and thought it might be something they did in the area but that does not seem to be the case.

No one that I know of had this as a child. Everyone that I mention it to is grossed out. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

@Soonerjust curious --you ever have nightmares about the alligator or octupus ? Smiley LOL

These are not healthy combo suggestions that I mention but I have been know to eat green olives or capers in a serving of cottage cheese -  a lot of sodium for someone with HBP.  Also when in a mood for savory -  potato chips with ice cream.

@okaywitheasypay  I think that is really funny!  NO.  I haven't.  I've had squid too, but didn't like it as well.  Now thanks to YOU I'll probably have dreams about this stuff!  LOL!!!

Valued Contributor

This was such a fun posting....As a child my grandmother would give me a treat of PB and Marshmallow Fluff on Ritz crackers.  A very rare treat that I would still enjoy today.  A bit surprised how many posted potato chip and mayo sandwiches.  My brother and I grew up thinking we invented these....haha.  Has to be on squishy white, unhealthy bread!!  We loved when our mom would make us PB, bacon and lettuce sandwiches, as well as fried bologna ones.  Don't think I EVER made any of these for my kids, but I sure enjoyed them in my childhood.

As for those making the YUCKvomit comments....rude.  You could just say you wouldn't care for those items.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For those who posted about fried bologna sandwiches, I can definitely relate to enjoying more than a few of those in my lifetime!

In the 1960’s, a small store in this neighborhood hosted a shooting match every Saturday night during the fall and winter.   1st and 2nd place winners received cash, like $25 and $15, and 3rd place won a roll of bologna.  My eagle-eyed Daddy with his .22 rifle participated in this big event nearly every week.  I can remember how proud we were if Daddy won cash; I know now how much that extra money meant for our family of 5.  But honestly, my brothers and I were far more excited if Daddy won the roll of bologna!   Our Sunday breakfast was always sure to be thick slices of fried bologna with eggs and toast, or possibly pancakes!    We were absolutely thrilled the night Daddy came home with a roll of bologna about 3’ long!  

Bologna back then had such a good taste, and nothing available today even comes close.   

Honored Contributor

We used to give my father packages of scrapple for his birthday and Christmas-Woman Tongue

He also loved spam.

One thing I'll never forget eating was at a friends who I considered well off (she really wasn't). We were in elementary school and she was having a slumber party.

We got to eat bacon and grape jam on toast sandwiches! I had never tasted anything like that. My mother was more into salads and stuff like that.

I was so impressed!Woman LOL

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@FlowerBear I have had so much fun reading through this thread! My husband grew up eating fried bologna and brains for breakfast. But I have a fetish for licorice and mustard.