Honored Contributor

nuwave induction cooktop....a GREAT extra burner for thanksgiving!

i was thinking about how crowded my stove gets during the holidays. i have five burners and they dont even seem to be enough.

i decided to order the nuwave induction cooktops that are available on qvc. i received them a few days ago and i have already tested them out. they are a GREAT extra burner if you think you need one or two. i purchased two.... the 10 1/2"Nuwave

K44629 AND the 9" nuwave K45012.  they must be used with pots or pans that a magnet can attach to on the bottom. they each come with two fry pans.

highly recommend and i love how you can easily control the temperature more precisely. they are also quite easy to clean. the nuwaves can also be used to keep items warm if you serve your thanksgiving buffet style.
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: nuwave induction cooktop....a GREAT extra burner for thanksgiving!

Thanks for the review, I've been toying with the idea of getting  one, I like the ability to control the temp. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I bought my first induction burner a couple of years ago and loved it so much it became about the only burner I used.  Now I've truly taken the plunge and am actually replacing my electric cooktop with an electric induction 5 burner cooktop.  It will be installed Nov 30th.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45

I purchased the Nu Wave from HSN 2 years ago at the most.

It was great at first (for the most part) but I have ALWAYS had a problem with it shutting off on high heat!

Now it's happening to my husband too....pretty consistantly.

Hopefully the kinks have been worked out and you'll have a different experience.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@sunshine45

I purchased the Nu Wave from HSN 2 years ago at the most.

It was great at first (for the most part) but I have ALWAYS had a problem with it shutting off on high heat!

Now it's happening to my husband too....pretty consistantly.

Hopefully the kinks have been worked out and you'll have a different experience.

@Andreatoo

i have only been using mine a few days. not sure if it is the same model you have or not. i will be using this quite a bit over the next few months. it is good to know that if anything goes wrong i can return it at the end of january due to the extended holiday return period. so far i am loving it!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana

That's wonderful!

Did it cost a fortune? I know the price used to be quite prohibitive, when installing a full range, compared to the countertop unit.

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo - About twice the cost of just getting another regular

glass top electric cooktop, but the accuracy of the controls and the safety of not having the burner heat that lingers for a long time made it something I was willing to pay for.

Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

glass top electric cooktop, but the accuracy of the controls and the safety of not having the burner heat that lingers for a long time made it something I was willing to pay for.

@Buck-i-Nana

I suspect it was even more expensive a couple of years ago. You would think that something that's energy efficient and better for the planet would be priced to where the majority could afford it!

Paying double to do the right thing is just wrong!

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana

I suspect it was even more expensive a couple of years ago. You would think that something that's energy efficient and better for the planet would be priced to where the majority could afford it!

Paying double to do the right thing is just wrong!

@Andreatoo - They have come down in price, they used to be 3 to 4 times the price of conventional cooktops.  I would have waited longer, but  besides spoiling myself (which I'm known to do), I'm SHORT and using the individual induction burners on my countertop actually required me to stand on a one-step step stool to use it without having problems.  I've given up on the idea that at 63 I'm going to get taller Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Indoor kitty,

I've used nothing but my Nuwave PIC for almost 3 years and I love it. 2 1/2 of those years I also had an electric stove and still chose to use the Nuwave.

Be sure and check the model you're considering. Some models have temperatures adjustable in 10 degree increments and the better models have temperatures adjustable in 5 degree increments. I think it's best to have one of the 5 degree adjustable models as sometimes a 10 degree change is too much. 

These are the newest models.

Nuwave  Precision Induction Cooktop Double (two burners)1800 watts, temperature adjustable in 5-degree increments

NuWave Precision Induction Cooktop Platinum 1800 watts, temperature adjustable in 5-degree increments

NuWave Precision Induction Cooktop Titanium 1800 watts, temperature adjustable in 5-degree increments

Nuwave  Precision Induction Cooktop Gold 1500 watts, temperature adjustable in 10-degree increments

Nuwave  Precision Induction Cooktop Flex 1300 watts, temperature adjustable in 10-degree increments