Regular Contributor

Re: new qvc show in may...gourmet nation with the ""food dudes""

I missed seeing the show too. Loved some of your comments......especially about Lisa Robertson and her comfort zone! It made me think of Kathy Levine. I just loved her and still miss her, especially her selling diamonique.

Anyways, she was another one who didn't do food or kitchen shows. She referred to the kitchen as "the room you pass thru on your way going out to dinner"!! She was great, was one sharp lady, and had a sense of humor that just wouldn't quit!! And when she and Joan Rivers got together.......holy cow.....watch out!! I know a lot of you remember her.

Valued Contributor

I'll give it a try just to see if they offer any different products. But even as I type those words, I somehow know it will be the same old products. But maybe I'll be wrong.

Honored Contributor

I think it will be a fun program. I liked the other food one that Rick did. I also liked them on the tool type show they had years ago. Just because they are males doesn't mean they don't ""actually cook"" and just because they are female hosts doesn't mean they do cook.

Trusted Contributor

Two thumbs down!!!! Watching Dan Wheeler eat like a starving animal is just gross.
~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

And what marketing genius dreamed up the title to that show?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Regular Contributor

Maybe Dan will start his own version of a Happy Dance! That silly spinning thing he always did during P90, Zumba or every other exercise shows may be in our near future {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Trusted Contributor

I'll pass. I've only bought food items a couple of times (other than Cushman's honeybells which I love) and I've been disappointed each time. The items are always too expensive and not nearly as good as what I can buy locally or make at home.

Honored Contributor

This is the first food show I've watched in years. I even ordered the food TSV, also something I haven't done in years. Keep it up, guys!

Valued Contributor

After having been vocal on another thread earlier this morning about how sick I am of the same old products and hosts, I feel bad to say I'm going to pass but I am. The show might be new, as is the host pairing, but I fear the products will just be more of the same.

As for the hosts, I don't mind Dan so much but Rick is a no go for me. Sigh...

Maria

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/27/2014 Scotnovel said:

I'll pass. I've only bought food items a couple of times (other than Cushman's honeybells which I love) and I've been disappointed each time. The items are always too expensive and not nearly as good as what I can buy locally or make at home.

I have no interest in buying food from QVC (for the same reasons you stated), but I would watch just to see if it's entertaining.

Did this show actually happen? May is nearly over.

Kiss