Frequent Contributor

Re: new, nervous, vitamix owner

Any Vitamix machine that's sold on QVC will always be priced higher at Vitamix. That's what manufacturers do.

Timed settings are a great convenience, I will grant you that. I own a Vitamix Pro 750 that has five presets; however, it also has a variable speed control. As far as I'm concerned, the variable speed control is absolutely essential and I personally wouldn't own a Vitamix that did not have the variable speed control. There are many things I make in my Vitamix that require variable speeds ranging from 1 to 3. Obviously, that couldn't be done with a one speed machine.

There's a Vitamix model to suit everyone. I enjoy the presets on my Pro 750 and use them a lot, but I also understand that everything cannot be done with a preset and I would never sacrifice a variable speed control for presets.

Valued Contributor

namaste000 and anyone else interested,

Go to Yahoo Groups and join the VitamixEnthusiasts group. You can get all the help and ideas there you could possibly need. The group owner is a VM demonstrator and is very knowledgeable and helpful as are various members of the group.

Respected Contributor

Don't be afraid to try different things. I just made a batch of lemonade concentrate and froze it in small batches. When I want some, I just thaw and add water. Wonderful flavor and I controlled the sugar. Peanut butter is so good. I use mine almost everyday. Didn't think I would, but there's so many options outside their recipe book. Great sources online.

Regular Contributor

I said I would NEVER buy a Vitamix. Ever. Well... I broke down last fall when it was a tsv. I have not tried it for smoothies as I am not a smoothie drinker. I have used it most for soups and am blown away on how hot the soups get!

The first was the potato soup. I like that I can use baked potatoes that haven't been eaten; I make extra when having guests. I also make the broccoli cheese soup. My husband questioned the smoothness of it. I did put some crushed croutons on top for a little crunchy texture. Next time I may sprinkle some bacon bits on top. What is cool about the soups is that when they are done they have that mouth feel to them like I put a lot of cream in them but used only skim milk.

I somehow lost my tamper and am not happy because I really want to try the peanut butter.

Valued Contributor

I think I was a helicopter owner to my Vitamix in the first few months, too. {#emotions_dlg.scared} Use ours frequently, mostly for smoothies, some sauces, salsa, etc. Although I've had mine for 1.5 years now, I am still sometimes shocked by how loud the dang thing is. I know, I know. And I realize that it's not supposed to be quiet. We did research, saw demos (live and on the Q), and I still press that button with some hesitation!

But man, the end results are great. And we love it.

Super Contributor

I just got my Vitamix not too long ago, but I find I am the opposite of a helicopter owner. If I am going to bust that thing, let it happen under warranty!

Honored Contributor

On 5/29/2014 hopi said:

The typical helicopter vitamix owner.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I called even before mine came...

ended up returning mine, felt it was not worth the money to me and appeared to be like a lawnmower on my counter.

"...helicopter Vitamix owner" I've read that phrase a dozen times...still makes me giggle.

Frequent Contributor

On 6/6/2014 BooBoo2 said:

I somehow lost my tamper and am not happy because I really want to try the peanut butter.

Call Vitamix customer service (the telephone number will be either on the back or bottom of the motor base) and order a new tamper.

Peanut butter is good, but give other nut butters a try too. Almond butter and cashew butter are two of my favorites. Summer is a perfect time for fresh fruit ice cream and/or sorbet.

You definitely need to get a replacement tamper. Smile