Honored Contributor

@Stargazer77 wrote:

Hey @wagirl, did your recipe book come with a peach daiquiri recipe?  Jan made it during the demos, but he didn't say the ingredient amounts, just the ingredients.  

Hey star--I used the recipe from the Vitamix cookbook that came with my machine... and I just checked and yes, there is a peach daiquiri recipe. Amounts are--

1/2 c oranges juice

4 oz light rum

1 T cream of coconut

1T sugar

2 cups frz peaches

2 cups  ice

Trusted Contributor

@gonnab wrote:

I love my Vitamix and use it daily.  My only complaint is that, when using it to mix solids, (such as the peanuts, beans, etc) it is very difficult to get everything out from around the blades.  I use a small flexible spatula but that still is not ideal - I wish there were an easier way.  

Oh definitely.  Peanut butter I can handle, but one day I decided to make almond butter.  Never again!  What a pain in the neck that was to clean off the blades.  I have a 64 oz container (tall and skinny), if I had a short and wider container I may have felt differently.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Trusted Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@Stargazer77 wrote:

Hey @wagirl, did your recipe book come with a peach daiquiri recipe?  Jan made it during the demos, but he didn't say the ingredient amounts, just the ingredients.  

Hey star--I used the recipe from the Vitamix cookbook that came with my machine... and I just checked and yes, there is a peach daiquiri recipe. Amounts are--

1/2 c oranges juice

4 oz light rum

1 T cream of coconut

1T sugar

2 cups frz peaches

2 cups  ice

YES!  Doing happy dance like Snoopy!  Woot!  Thanks, @wagirl!

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
New Contributor

We buy peanuts at a regular grocery store, Giant in Pennsylvania. Most stores have a bulk section. I hope this helps. I refuse to buy store bought peanut butter again.

Tip: Let the pb cool off completely in the fridge.Personally, I think it's too runny for me. 

If you add chocolate chips, I think it's better than the pb cups.

Super Contributor

Super Contributor

Re: new Vitamix

[ Edited ]

@Topaz Gem wrote:

I'm glad you love your machine!

Speaking of peanut butter, does anyone know of a place to buy peanuts in bulk?  It could get really expensive to get them at a place like Whole Foods, etc.  When Jan was making peanut butter on QVC, he said he used a combination of plain peanuts and honey roasted.  Sounds delish!

Here, in the San Diego area, a great place to buy any nuts in bulk is Trader Joes, or Sprouts. 

New Contributor

P.S., When you clean the vita mix, we use very hot water, a bottle brush, & soak it for awhile. The vita mix is very easy to clean but making pb takes a little bit more time. It's worth it!!

Super Contributor

@tinkerbelljc wrote:

P.S., When you clean the vita mix, we use very hot water, a bottle brush, & soak it for awhile. The vita mix is very easy to clean but making pb takes a little bit more time. It's worth it!!

I just use a Squirt of Dawn and fill 3/4 will hot water and Vitamix for 4 seconds on high.  

Honored Contributor

FYI--just went thru several youtube and pinterest things about how to clean a Vitamix and more than a few suggested using cool water and a drop of soap to clean . They said that hot water can set the food and make it harder to get clean. Maybe after that use hot water. I'll try that suggestion to see. But it does make sense to me.

Respected Contributor

Mine just died after three months, very moderate use. It's the switch underneath. (I'm guessing adding the led light made the switch fail--sometimes those lights cause a discharge or overheating in a switch.)

Anyway, it's dead. So I have to either send it back to Q for exchange or refund or back and forth to Vitamix for repair, which on a new machine, and shipping it (I don't have the box anymore) seems disastrous. 

Very poor design of a switch. It's an issue--they said as much. And reports of a similar model from Costco have the same issue--dying after a month or two of use.

I work six days a week so it's a hardship to have to go with a heavy box to the shippers. But it has to be done. Very disappointed in the "quality" of the Vitamix.