Esteemed Contributor

need recommeditons Please Kcup compatible but not Keurig

[ Edited ]

My Keurig won't brew a full hot cup. My last Keurig lasted years, this one only a couple years.  I'm done with Keurig.  I just bought a huge box of Kcups so I'd like it to be Kcup compatible.

every review I read on the big A   a lot of negative reviews in addition to good reviews so I have no idea

thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: need recommeditons Please Kcup compatible but not Keurig

Just a thought....have you tried running a cylce with vinegar? I do that periodically with my smaller Keurig.  After I run the vinegar (about a half cup  plus water.  Then, after that runs, I run plain water through a couple of times to make sure my coffee doesn't taste with vinegar.

Honored Contributor

clean out the little holes where the water exits, it gets clogged with coffee grounds over time 

you need a paper clip for that,  there should be some youtube tutorials on how to find it.

the vinegar cleaning as well

I got a Cuisinart brewer 

Esteemed Contributor

I only use my Keurig for hot water for my tea bags. I never get a full cup either. So it's not a coffee clogging issue for me. I'm going to use it till it dies then go back to my kettle. 

Respected Contributor

I'm on my third Keurig mini, 2 which conked out after less than 6 months. Keurig replaced both free of charge. Hope I'm not jinxing myself, but so far so good on the third one. If this one goes, I'm done.

Trusted Contributor

Gave my Keurig away, the second one...did the thing with vinegar, poked it with a paper clip, nothing helped....sooo i bought a Mr. Coffee, very happy...makes a perfect cup of coffee...

Super Contributor

No more Keurig for me.  Got tired of the descaling and only brewing a half cup.  My sister had same trouble. She switched to cuisinart.  I bought one just like hers at BBB.

love it and it makes hot coffee too.  It's for the K cups 

Honored Contributor

For coffee or tea a traditional "cup" is 6 oz.  Check what cup volume is before you buy another.  A mug is different than a "cup". 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use an iCoffee. I use it mostly for my morning tea, but it also takes K-cups for when I have company. The cup volume is adjustable to 12 oz. I wish it was a bit larger, but it works for me. Goes down to 4 oz.

Trusted Contributor

I bought one Keurig, spent way too much on it right after the warranty ran out I started getting the half cup thing, did the descaling then and after 2  weeks it was doing it again.  i only drink 2 cups a day.  I threw it out and will never go back to another.

I ended up just buying a $20.00 coffee maker from a big box store and have had it for several years with no problems.

Lesson learned