Esteemed Contributor

my aero garden has bit the dust

I've had it since March of last year...so a little over a year.  After the first "harvest" I let it sit for awhile without using it.  I started it up again in March.  I have about a half dozen super (?) mini cherry tomatoes that are almost the "right" shade of red.

I've used the last of the nutrient and planned to get more, along with another bulb as the original one must be ready to go. 

It hasn't really "aerated" (?) right since I re-started it.  And now nothing has happened for a week or more except the light works and now the nutrient light is on.

I plan to pick the tomatoes and get rid of the unit.  I've enjoyed it; at the same time I'm looking forward to getting that bit of my counter back. Woman Wink  I may get rid of some other things on that counter and end up getting another aero garden in the fall. 

Mine was the 3-pod one.  If I do get another I'll probably go bigger.. 

Have you had an aero garden, or do you still have one?  What size, and have you enjoyed it?

Let's share! Woman Happy

Keepin' it real.
Contributor

Re: my aero garden has bit the dust

The same thing happened to me, it stopped working, the aerator. The solution is to take canned air and shoot it inside that hole in the bottom. That will blast out whatever is clogging it.
Esteemed Contributor

@amateurcook Thanks for that tip!  I might give it a shot! (no pun intended)

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Can't you get some sort of subsidy from the USDA for NOT growing crops?  Everyone else does.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

LOL I think she's talking about a in house kitchen counter growing tomatoes thing.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE. My comment was meant to be a smart alecky joke.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

guess it backfired hahahahah

Respected Contributor

The pumps fail. You can call them up and get another one and install it.

Honored Contributor

I haven't had one but they've always seemed like a plastic gimmick from Ronco.  Better I think to have an herb garden outdoors in summer and to use dried or buy fresh from the supermarket in winter.