Occasional Contributor

loved that slow cooker book tonight

The slow cooker book on " In the Kitchen with David" tonight looked terrific. The two guys who wrote it were so entertaining that I didn`t have a chance to order it on the computer before it sold out. What great recipes they showed. Can`t wait to make the dishes. I especially like that they have recipe measurements for various size cookers.

Honored Contributor

Re: loved that slow cooker book tonight

I have used slow cookers since the 1970s and had lots and lots of books. They are so easy to use you really don't need "recipes" once you get the hang of cooking times (and those are somewhat flexible), and how much liquid to start with AND how your individual cooker works. So you can do without a cookbook even once you get going! Just throw in what you like in the near-right proportions!

Valued Contributor

On 1/1/2014 daisymommy said:

The slow cooker book on "" In the Kitchen with David"" tonight looked terrific. The two guys who wrote it were so entertaining that I didn`t have a chance to order it on the computer before it sold out. What great recipes they showed. Can`t wait to make the dishes. I especially like that they have recipe measurements for various size cookers.

I think that is a ""perk"" to know the measurments for the different size slow cookers these days! I know that on these Q boards there are many posters that ask the question about recipes & what size of cooker they use so having a cookbook that lets you know sounds like something that many would buy(guess so since it sold out)! Am sure the Q will have it back soon!

Frequent Contributor

You can order it on Amazon
Honored Contributor

On 1/2/2014 gallen said: You can order it on Amazon

Yeah, do that - and you'll save money too. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

barnes and noble has it as well for $19 & change. love slow cooker recipes so I'm going to run up there after work & grab it Smiley Happy

Not applicable

I agree with daisymommy, I consider myself a good cook, but slow cooker meals can really come out as a mush if you don't use the right proportions. I can't wait to get the book. I am sure it will also be entertaining to read as well as to use, those guys were fun
Contributor

Can someone pls post the name and authors of the cookbook? Thanks!!!

Contributor

It's called The Great American Slow Cooker Book by Bruce Weinstein and M. Scarbrough

Contributor

Loved the concept of this book, and wanted to order it, however it went on wait list, so I checked it out on Amazon, low and behold it was only $1.00 more than QVC, but, due to Prime it is free shipping AND it will be delivered on 1/07, the day it is released. Yea!!