Valued Contributor

looking for recipe for cranberry orange bread made with cranberry sauce [with cranberry chunks]

[ Edited ]

cathy from ma

Honored Contributor

Re: looking for recipe for cranberry orange bread made with cranberry sauce [with cranberry chunks]

I get amazing recipies with reviews from All Recipes.Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Re: looking for recipe for cranberry orange bread made with cranberry sauce [with cranberry chunks]

Thank you!

Valued Contributor

Thank you . I did manage to find a recipe on the internet which was exactly what I needed, Many thanks

Super Contributor

Just read that you found one.  Here's the one I've been making for 20+ years.  Just in case the one you have doesn't work out.  It's a Land 0' Lakes recipe.

JINGLE BERRY BREAD

INGREDIENTS:
2 CUPS ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
1 CUP GRANULATED SUGAR
2 TBS GRATED ORANGE RIND
2 TSP BAKING POWDER
1 TSP GROUND NUTMEG
½ TSP BAKING SODA
½ TSP SALT
1  LARGE EGG
¾ CUP ORANGE JUICE
½ STICK BUTTER, MELTED
2 CUPS OCEAN SPRAY FRESH CRANBERRIES
1 CUP PECANS HALVES
1 TBS CONFECTIONERS SUGAR

DIRECTIONS:
PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 F.  LIGHTLY GREASE 9”X5” LOAF PAN.  COMBINE FIRST SEVEN (7) INGREDIENTS. 
IN A SEPARATE BOWL, BEAT EGG, ORANGE JUICE AND BUTTER. 
ADD TO FLOUR MIXTURE, MIXING TO ONLY MOISTEN DRY INGREDIENTS.  BATTER WILL BE LUMPY. 
FOLD IN CRANBERRIES AND PECANS. 
FILL LOAF PAN.  BAKE 60 – 70 MINUTES OR UNTIL TESTER COMES OUT CLEAN.  LET COOL, DUST WITH CONFECTIONERS SUGAR.  MAKES ONE LOAF.

CRANBERRY BUTTER: (Optional)
IN FOOD PROCESSOR, PUREE 1 CUP OCEAN SPRAY CRANBERRIES AND 6 TBS CONFECTIONERS SUGAR.  SCRAPE WORK BOWL OFTEN.  ADD ½ POUND (2 STICKS) BUTTER, SOFTENED.  PROCESS ONE MINUTE.  MAKES 1½ CUPS.
Frequent Contributor

I make the recipe from the Ocean Spray fresh cranberry bag...my Dad made this recipe every Thanksgiving..I remember him first making it in the mid 80s.  I used to help him chop the nuts and cranberries, and zest the orange.  He has been gone 19 years, and Every year at this time I make a loaf of Cranberry Orange Bread..it is a special recipe to me.and it's really good!,

Valued Contributor

Thank you so much!

cathy from ma

Valued Contributor

That is nice that you and your dad had such a sweet Thanksgiving special tradition. Thanks for sharing!

cathy from ma