Super Contributor

Re: lock & lock replacement lids

I don't think it is unreasonable to ask for proof of purchase, but iam sure the OP Wonders why she was not told that three phone calls ago, if that is the policy....

i have all sizes of ther bowls, and the tabs are comeing off.  I WILL BUY THE LIDS IF I CAN GET THEM  WHER CAN I GET THEM ?

Regular Contributor

So far I have had a few where the tabs have broke off. Also the flips lids are not closing tight as they use too. I just want to know with the nestables where in the world are you ladies storing all those lids? I stack mine but my cabinets are filling up with lids.

I sent this message from the last living brain cell I have.
Honored Contributor

@Teesa wrote:

You don't have to develop pics and send them to CA. You would take a pic and email them.

That's what I did the last time and they sent me a lid for free. Recently I had another lid that needed to be replaced and this is the email response I received from them:

Sorry for the inconvenience, in order to replace any items, we

do ask for proof of purchase, the model number that is located in the
bottom of the container (It starts with the letter H), we also need a picture of the damage item that
you are requesting. We do charge for shipping and handling, and for this lid is $3.00
you can call 1800-608-9788 to pay by phone.

I won't be purchasing anymore.

Seems like they are making it more difficult to get replacements.  Most of us don't have time or ability to do a photo and e-mail it.   Your time plus the $3.00?  Is it worth it?  They make it sound good when they sell, but really isn't much of a guarantee.  I have a  lot of lock n lock and I do like them.  I have two or three where one of the closures broke off.

New Contributor

hello, 

just ask qvc to send a copy of your invoice to your email address and lock and lock will accept that as your receipt....

New Contributor

The phone number to order replacement lids is 1-844-527-9188. The replacement lids are free of charge for a lifetime. Ordered three replacements today!

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for these posts, I just had my first lock n lock lid break at Christmas dinner. Have never had another problem, but was wondering about replacements.

Honored Contributor

@tangled2 wrote:

hello, 

just ask qvc to send a copy of your invoice to your email address and lock and lock will accept that as your receipt....

Or you may be able to go to your order status page of QVC and find the order and print a copy of your receipt.  Of course that doesn't go back a lot of years.

Honored Contributor

I've had L&L containers since they were invented! I don't have any other containers just L&L's. In all the years I've used and abused them I've NEVER had a lid break, never. I just don't get it when I read that others do. 

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I've had L&L containers since they were invented! I don't have any other containers just L&L's. In all the years I've used and abused them I've NEVER had a lid break, never. I just don't get it when I read that others do. 

@ID2 I am (or was) the same as you.....years and years of happy L&L and never had a lid break. 

Until this past week. 

I had purchased the round container with the handle for one of my daughter's gifts. Figured she could put her take home Christmas goodies in there and keep the container as part of the gift. While she was taking it out of the plastic to wash it, before use, she dropped it on my kitchen floor and wow....three of locking flaps just snapped right off. We'd never even taken off the lid yet. 

I was more disappointed than she was, but the more I think about it the more displeased I am now. Hopefully that was just a fluke, as (according to my order history) I purchased a heck of a lot of L&L this holiday season. 

Never mistake kindness for weakness