Re: lock & lock replacement lids

Well I have purchased Lock N Lock from the very "beginning" and I have had the lids break on mine from just a few years after I started purchasing them! Just one lock on a bowl, but of course that's enough that they don't seal properly after that! The replacement policy is 'rediculous' so I QUIT buying their product no matter how pretty they make them! And I take very good care of anything I buy, so it's not because of any kind of abuse to their product! Their customer care is lousy, so why bother with their product. Course there are always 'new' ones that they can fool into buying them until they figure it out! OVC is getting to where this doesn't seem to matter to them either, with A LOT of their products anymore....sad. Used to be I got literally everything from them....not anymore!

New Contributor

I just called this number they answered on the second ring took my address, lid size, quantity,phone number. Stated they would send out. No charge for shipping. 

New Contributor

lock & lock replacement lids

where did you buy the original? QVC is the main seller. Products are now produced in an inferior status.The customer service number does NOT return phone calls and I have made 4 attempts. Always a recorded message. If a company is PROUD of ther merchandise they would have return calls.

If a massive response to a major issue and perhaps POOR quality control the L and L shoud suck up their failures and without HESITATION FIX at THEIR expense or give FULL refunds!

New Contributor

Try placing the fliptop pour lids CLOSED and submerge in water toots. Water gets thru the FLIPTOPS because there is NNO seal on that part that is WHY!!!

Occasional Visitor

Been trying to contact Lock & Lock at the number you listed, but all I've been getting

is a voice message to leave my name and phone number and someone will  call back.

No one has called back and still haven't been able to order replacement lids.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

have never had a problem getting a lid replaced.

i received one about a month or so ago.

they ask me for the color, the code on the bottom of the bowl, and my address.

they say it takes 3 - 4 weeks to deliver. it always comes in a padded envelope in 3 weeks or less.

no proof of purchase, no photo required, no money required. it takes about two minutes tops.

remember, they are on pacific time and are not an open 24 hour  company.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess Chris always said call Lock N Lock and they will take of it, what ever the problem was. And one day I called Lock N Lock and they wanted to charge me more for the lid and shipping than I paid for the whole set. And I told them what Chris always said and they told me they told her to stop saying that. So she seems not to have control or very much say in her company.So I have a glass square dish with no lid. So I won't buy glass any more the lid broke the first day I used it. People have mentioned that the clear holds up better. And they were correct on that. Smiley Frustrated

Super Contributor

Just found under "warranty" when searching for the same and "Lock & Lock" (DuckDuckGo, not Google):

Within first 12 months of purchase
(with proof of purchase) 
all defective or malfunctioning products
will be replaced free of charge

After 12 months of purchase (with proof of purchase) all defective or malfunctioning products
or parts will be replaced and it will be subject to shipping & handling costs.

If the product is discontinued or out of inventory, we will replace with a new or comparable product and options will be provided for selections.

The above warranties do not apply to: 1) Damages caused by accident, negligence of improper care. 2) Usage & storage of improper materials not intended for normal household use (such as chemicals). 3) Industrial or commercial applications. 4) Normal wear and tear. 5) Please see USE & CARE section for more details.

Esteemed Contributor

Like @sunshine45, I have never had any problems getting a lid replaced free of charge when calling Lock & Lock customer service—you just provide the information from the bottom of the piece so you can get the correct lid. Representatives are available Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time at 844-527-9188.

Thx for the information I will try this.