Respected Contributor
Over a decade ago, my father sent me honey bells from Florida and they were devine! So I ordered them from QVC a few years ago and they were quite ordinary. Disappointing......Felt I could get better oranges round the corner at my local store. Cushman sold to Harry and David sold to 1-800 flowers
Honored Contributor
On 11/12/2014 sinut said:

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Lived in Florida for twenty five years, you may want to try some oranges by Blood. Weird name I know . They are delicious, however all oranges may be a bit more expensive this year due to the weather. Anyway they are called Blood Oranges. You can google it, I believe you can purchase via internet and they deliver.

I simply cannot eat those oranges. What an unfortunate name someone gave them. All I think about is blood while I'm looking at them. Why couldn't they have called them ruby oranges, sunset oranges, Valentine oranges or something more appealing?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

KJPA~ Nope, you aren't alone. I ordered honeybells last year from QVC and wasn't impressed at all. I certainly wouldn't order again.

Respected Contributor
I posted back in August, this is not going to be a good crop because of excessive rain in that area of Florida......and then we are dealing with citrus greening which is really going to hurt the state. I really feel for farmers this year, but when you buy from Harry and David, or Williams and Sonoma, you do expect THE best. Poodlepet
Esteemed Contributor

Got a coupon magazine in the mail. Local I think and Honeybells were in it... Cushmans from Harry and David. Call them -- they had a deal.... ten pounds $29. Must wait to January to get them. I ordered. Apparently they are from Florida. When we go down to visit our daughter I could get some but I cannot take them back on the plane, I don't think.