Respected Contributor

kitchen safety gloves ?

[ Edited ]

anyone own them .?There are none I could find on QVC. I just sent for a pair from amazon called King Kut . They have good reviews so far. This sounds like an answer to my klutzy self. I just purchased a mandoline on HSN ,so thought these would be an aid. In gardening I could finally be the master over some roses and thorns ! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay      I wear rubber gloves in the kitchen... but what is a safety glove???? 

Frequent Contributor

I got a pair from Amazon. I wear them when using a mandolin slicer or even cutting meat. Those blades are wicked sharp! And it’s too easy to slice a finger!

dragonfly

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaidenThey are specially knit gloves that protect you from 'knicking' fingers etc. Frequently shown by a gloved hand holding a sharp knife as your cooking mentor told you to never do . I am not real good at describing. If you google or go to amazon  probably--"kitchen safety gloves" for my shopping amazon had the lowest priced , good reviews and on prime. HSN sell some. 

Like I said they sound like a great idea.

Trusted Contributor

I bought a pair on Amazon because I have a pocket knife collection I am sorting through.  Oyster shuckers use these.  Read the reviews regarding sizing.  Try to get a tight fit so they aren't awkward to use.  I use them now in the kitchen when using a mandolin. They are great and you will never cut yourself again!

Honored Contributor

DH needs a pair of those. He's always cutting himself when he's in the kitchen. He likes to cut stuff with the knife blade towards him instead of away from him. I told him he was crazy.