Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: kitchen appliance qustion

I have the original one and use it ALL the time. Just made chicken tenders on it in about 3 minutes. I had some probelms with it switching directly to manual, but I did some research and reset the plates a few times and have never had that issue again. I absolutely LOVE mine.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks All!

Contributor

I own the T-Fal Opti Grill. Cooking and baking items r my thing. Years ago I owned one of the original super-sized George Foreman grills. At the time I loved it, but as usual, time takes care of more advanced versions. I then moved on to another George Foreman - interchangeable plates this time. Worked fine but the George Foreman's that I have owned r guessing games when it comes to the "doneness" of the food. Enter the T-Fal Opti grill. Has sensors that indicated food "doneness".  I have used this for chicken that was put on frozen (hence, the snowflake button), chicken that I thawed, steaks (when the weather didn't allow for outdoor grilling), and quesadillas (which I might add, is not a sensor food). So far, everything has come out excellent. Clean up is very easy - u wait for the grill to cool down and remove the plates and handwash in the sink. I use the scrub daddy to clean the grates. I have read reviews that said to avoid the dishwasher, so I don't put them in there. I have had the grill for over a year or so and it still looks brand new. Basically, anything u would put on a grill can be cooked on this grill - except anything with a cheese topping (obviously wouldn't work with a cover down). I know another poster mentioned the Breville toaster oven that had a "snowflake" symbol. Not sure if that was the item the original poster was looking for - but wanted to add my take on that as well. Although the Breville has excellent reviews (my son owns one and swears by it) - I opted in another direction. I own the Cuiisinart. Not sure of the exact model (same similar size to the Breville) - it has a convection feature, it fits a large pizza, a rectangle cake pan, and has an interior light (a huge plus). I love this toaster oven. It is stainless steel, easy to clean - looks like it was just purchased and it is just like having an extra oven. Hope all this helps.