Honored Contributor

k82180 I bought Electric Smart Skillet

I'm a big chicken and dumpling, northern beans eater and this would be good for that purpose. Fix the whole chicken first, then, add some chicken broth and the dumplings.

Got the blue.

Honored Contributor

Re: k82180 I bought Electric Smart Skillet

Phew got in under the wire

SOLD OUT...............

Honored Contributor

I cook all that stuff in the pressure cooker, so fast and easy.  I cook the chicken then add dumplings right on top of the chicken to steam them.  Big, fluffy light dumplings, not the doughy rolled kind.  Same with beans.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

No longer available. I still could read about it. Weighs 10 lbs!

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I'm a big chicken and dumpling, northern beans eater and this would be good for that purpose. Fix the whole chicken first, then, add some chicken broth and the dumplings.

Got the blue.

@SharkE I love drop dumplin's made with BIsquick--the recipe on the side of the box.  Sometimes I add Italian herbs to them.  Drop in, cook 13 minutes lid off, another 13 minutes lid on and both sides cook.

Wow I love those!!!  Enjoy your new purchase!  

Honored Contributor

I always cooked raw northern beans in the Instant pot

never did like the way they got done. Yeah, it's fast, but, you can't check when they're exactly done and you have to add your ham in when you first turn it on.

I'll be able to raise the lid on this pot and put in ham later on and bacon grease. Get them done exactly.

I'll find lots of uses for it. Not taking the place of the Ninja's though just another way of cooking some stuff expecially in the summer keep the heat down.

That pork roast he was cooking and then bbq'd it about killed me. LOL

You can put the inner pot in dishwasher, but, won't.

Be afraid too and I'm not a lazy person. LOL

tinkersduckwalkingtag.gif

Honored Contributor

Oh yeah, make my own soups and chili in it too.

Canned soups any more have to much salt and the low sodium or no sodium taste awful.

want something done right U have to do it yourself LOL

Valued Contributor

Nothing better to me than Chicken and Dumplings, any kind of beans and soups....my favorite food all year long. Cornbread with the beans and soups.  My husband and I eat soup even in the summer.  Nothing better than a pot of fresh vegetable soup right from the garden vegetables with a crisp salad on the side.

Honored Contributor

Amazon's price is 250, so, it is cheaper.

Showing now some is back in stock, cream color is gone.

Honored Contributor

@happilyretiredgirl wrote:

Nothing better to me than Chicken and Dumplings, any kind of beans and soups....my favorite food all year long. Cornbread with the beans and soups.  My husband and I eat soup even in the summer.  Nothing better than a pot of fresh vegetable soup right from the garden vegetables with a crisp salad on the side.

Home baked bread !  Will always be my fav.