Highlighted
Honored Contributor

k43397 - pour spout temptations bowls

I ordered these because my friend got them and raved about the quality of them.

WOW! I'm not fond of the new OW pattern but I have to these bowls will probably be my "go to" set. The biggest bowl is huge...my biggest concern using the mixer/immersion blender will "mare" them. Time will tell but for now I'm really impressed😀

(Considering I've had my challenges with the brand for a few years!)

Esteemed Contributor

Re: k43397 - pour spout temptations bowls

I'm glad someone reviewed these bowls. I have to admit that I was staring at them for the longest time because of the pour spout and handle. I have a glass Pampered Chef bowl like that and it's the best! I was hoping to find the same style but in different sizes so I could donate and replace what I've been using for years and years.

I'm not crazy about the pattern options. I wish Temptations would make thse essential pieces in solid colors because then everyone could match whatever they had in their kitchen. Sure is tempting to order. Thanks for the review.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

I ordered these because my friend got them and raved about the quality of them.

WOW! I'm not fond of the new OW pattern but I have to these bowls will probably be my "go to" set. The biggest bowl is huge...my biggest concern using the mixer/immersion blender will "mare" them. Time will tell but for now I'm really impressed😀

(Considering I've had my challenges with the brand for a few years!)

I have put off ordering as well, because I really dislike (lots!) that newer version of OW and FL. 

I would love to see them done in some other pattern or the original versions of those two, as i think I might like them as well.

I know I keep a set of concentric bowls on my counter year round (change the color with the seasons) and reach for them repeatedly throughout the day. Wish I had purchased a couple of more sets!

Honored Contributor

I own (owned) a set of 3 in the OW green for some years now, found after about a year that I only used the largest size, so I gave the other 2 away. I do like the large one, the one with the handle.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Fressa

I have both size batter bowls (over 20 yrs old) from PamperedChef and I agree they are the best! I would never get rid of them - I still have the lids too.

The Temptation bowls are NOT as useful as those batter bowls as the "lip" is nothing compared to the "full handle" on the PC bowls. Actually I used the Temptation large one for a double cake mix....very ackward to "pour".

I ended up ladling out the batter.

Here's a picture of the bowls (for color clarity):

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Fressa

one more thing: I was at JCPenneys today they have a melamine version of the PC bowls - lightweight and solid color ( red). Wish I had seen them before -- they were on sale I think $11.99 and from their home collection.