Respected Contributor

jULY 2017, We still Need to do some cooking - so what's cooking?

I know, we should be thinking about the barbecue I guess but still a couple days away from that. Even so not everyone does that - there are occasions it has been just way too hot here on the Fourth of July - we shall see. That roasted corn I had the other day a neighbor sent over still has my mouth watering. LOL.

Davey was at a friends and got home late - he said he was playing football with them. As I fainted I decided to not say anything about being way too late for a 16 year old. Am hoping he was truly doing just what he said - who knows, maybe so. Basically he hates sports but his friends do not. So maybe??

Have not decided what is for dinner - time for that I guess.

Have a great start to July one and all

Honored Contributor

Re: jULY 2017, We still Need to do some cooking - so what's cooking?

Image result for hello july 1st pics

Respected Contributor

Like your July greeting meallen616. Checking the coming week's forecast looks as if we will be right back up to 107 and 108 in a couple days. Boo Hoo. This heat is way too soon and way too much to suit me. And of course the electric rates were raised sky high last summer - and the summer before. Well of course - utility companies make their money and some of us have no increases in income to help offset some of those increases. Grrrrr. We had a drought so the water rates are horrible now and the higher rates remain while they now have reduced the drought warnings. Utility companies will not suffer a loss of income for any reason I guess.

We had burritos for dinner last night - very very good - still looking for easy meals to fix, LOL.

Hope all have a great day.

Contributor

I made GF blueberry pancakes and bacon for my dh. Lunch is bbq chicken and fresh Jersey corn on the cob. For dinner I am putting a london broil in the crock pot with a bottle of bbq sauce. Then I'll slice thin and make bbq beef sandwiches. Easy! Have a good day.

Respected Contributor

i cant imagin dealing with temperatures over 100 degrees. god bless any one of you dealing with that. tonight for dinner maria made a salad and maranated chicken in creamy ceasar salad dressing and i grilled it on our new goerge formin grill it was really good. and just had a peice of chocolate cake i baked the other night and i made cream cheese froasting. im not a big chocolate cake fan but this recipe comes out so moist its a hersheys recipe and after ingredients are mixed you add a cup of boiling water to it and mix.hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th.

Honored Contributor

Pooky just posted that there is a July thread, so I am pasting my post of this morning.

Last night, I grilled Asian marinated skirt steak, some of the free white corn on the cob from my produce market, and I made garlic fries, which were fantastic!  I blanch the fries in med hot oil, remove them, then just before serving, raise the heat and fry until crispy, makes them creamy inside, and crispy outside, then toss in a mix of minced garlic and flat leaf parsley with extra virgin olive oil, not too much, and salt, also salt the fries, and toss in a bowl, I use a lightweight bowl which makes tossing easier.

Honored Contributor

@1905salad wrote:

I made GF blueberry pancakes and bacon for my dh. Lunch is bbq chicken and fresh Jersey corn on the cob. For dinner I am putting a london broil in the crock pot with a bottle of bbq sauce. Then I'll slice thin and make bbq beef sandwiches. Easy! Have a good day.

@1905salad  Do you cook the beef on low for eight hours?

Contributor

mousiegirl, I cooked it on high for 4, but low for 8 would work, I've done that when I was at work all day. That meal is always a hit. Today I made crab cakes for me and spaghetti and garlic bread for my husband. Tomorrow we are planning on a day at the beach, there is a good pizza place that makes gf pizza. I live near a tourist area in NJ,love the beach and the boardwalk. I usually go alone, sometimes I just need a.bit of peace but dh will come with me tomorrow.
Honored Contributor

@1905salad wrote:
mousiegirl, I cooked it on high for 4, but low for 8 would work, I've done that when I was at work all day. That meal is always a hit. Today I made crab cakes for me and spaghetti and garlic bread for my husband. Tomorrow we are planning on a day at the beach, there is a good pizza place that makes gf pizza. I live near a tourist area in NJ,love the beach and the boardwalk. I usually go alone, sometimes I just need a.bit of peace but dh will come with me tomorrow.

@1905salad  Thank you. Smiley Happy  I have always loved the beach.  When DD was growing up, we traveled a good distance to spend the day at a beach near Monterey, CA.  It was great when there weren't many people, but the last time, there was no peace as so many people and so close that I had to hear all of their conversations, UGH.  

We would take everything but the kitchen sink, lol, lots of work for DH.  I havn't been to a beach in years and miss it.  One year, we traveled all along the coast and would stop at beaches along the way, and have a picnic lunch, took a little hibachi, those were the days. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy independence day pictures

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."