Respected Contributor

Re: jULY 2017, We still Need to do some cooking - so what's cooking?

Hard to believe that anyone is clever enough to prepare those meals so far in advance - I am jealous!!!

He Ricky here - tomorrow a.m. must take him for another assessment at the County Mental Health facility. I then will take him back to San Bernardino so he can go to Church School on Friday - he has to miss it tomorrow. He LOVES it - says today he had snacks and said prayers. LOL. LOve it.

Another hot day but NOT the 113 degree days - 105 and 106 will return for the weekend however, SIGH.

Have no clue what for dinner - I will probably have an avocado sandwich - Ricky already ate a Kids Meal from McDonalds so not real sure. Do hope there is yet another frozen dinner in the freezer for Davey - if not will come up with something.  Leah is still in SB because I cannot take her with us tomorrow for Ricky's appointment. Afterward like I said Ricky will go back for school and I will bring the little girl home - I miss her -had so much to do this past week.

Eat well one and all.

Respected Contributor

good morning everyone. last night maria made pork potatos and brocoli. all came out great. grocery shopping today. hope everyone has a great day.this morning cloudy in the low 60s.

Respected Contributor

Ricky did really well yesterday morning at his assessment at the County Mental Health. They are scheduling some sessions with he and I to try and help him with his frustrations and anger on occasion. Should be interesting. Not what I had planned for my age however, you do what you can to try and help the little ones. His little sister, however, would NOT go to sleep last night - it was almost midnight. She has done that before when she has been gone from home for a day or so. Then she woke up twice - for some reason she is fidgety but not angry, just a tad obnoxious. LOl. She is a cutie however and you cannot help but melt when around her. Long story short here - I am tired.

Going to be another hot day but I need to take advantage of it as the weekend will be sweltering - not looking forward to that.

Pooky, your meal sounded delicious - my kind of eating. Have no clue what I will fix - you can bet it will be simple That slow cooker sure gets a workout from me, the older I get. While I love to cook, the weather and people in my house along with aging, make it difficult and I do like the slow cooker.

ADT came out and supposedly enhanced the camera. I used it last night and quite frankly one still cannot tell who anyone is. Does not look too bad during day light but still very grainy at night - not suppose to be that way. Grrr! I may just drop them and install my own cameras out there. I am very uncomfortable since that guy just walked up in my carport the other night/morning and slowly did his thing. I just feel strongly he will return and I came home yesterday and the house was wide open - cannot seem to get Davey to understand how dangerous this can be.

Have a great day everyone - and hope all eat well.

Contributor

Winifred, that is awful someone robbed you! Someone in my neighborhood found all their stolen tools by joining a group on facebook called "(your town) online yard sale". Maybe your town has a page like that, join it and look for posts around the same time your stuff was stolen. The person may be selling things, especially tools. Anyway, that's how the person was caught. There would be photos of your stuff. 

Last night we went to our favorite resaurant, I had crabcakes, dh had his favorite salad with chicken. I bought the dressing last time we were there, I've been recreating it for his lunches. Just had the same salad for breakfast! 

Tonight I may make tacos. I saw a good movie called "The Big Sick". I highly recommend it! Have a good day!

Honored Contributor

Laast night, I made a zucchini, from my garden, fritatta.  Half way through realized I didn't have ricotta, but did have cottage cheese so used that, worked out fine.

Respected Contributor

Sounds good Mousiegirl. A good cook can ALWAYS substitute when something goes awry.

I fixed chicken smothered in Honey BBQ sauce, corn on the cob and spinach. then to my surprise, it was only me and the little girl here. Grrrrrrrr. I had no Clue that Davey was with Shannon and that is fine, but something should have been said to this old woman as there is NO WAY I would have cooked that meal. At any rate I put it in the freezer as only I ate any and pulled it out a while ago as Davey is now here - Hmn - and the little girl is napping - sure hope that means she will sleep before 1 a.m.. I need to ix something else in as there is very little spinach - was able to fix only a small amount as by that time had heard the two big eaters were not going to be here. By the way Shannon said they "were on they way." 3 hours earlier. Sigh.  I do have a bag of a free frozen Fries in the inside freezer so may just toss that together - would serve two purposes. First it would empty out a partial bag of food and second, would solve the problem quickly. LOL.

Hope all had a great day - got beastly HOT here today. Do not like it at all.

Valued Contributor

Really hot here today so I don't want to use the huge oven.  My hubby and I made a big batch of pea salad this morning and I will make Philly Steak Stuffed Peppers for supper. Will use my countertop oven to bake the peppers.  Went to Kroger this morning and bought plenty of food for this week's lunches and dinners.  Having fresh tomatoes from

the garden but a storm blew all of our corn down a few weeks ago so no corn for us unless we buy it.  My favorite sandwich of all time is bacon and tomato.  I think that is the best flavor combo ever !!!    YUM !!!  We have that for supper at least once a week while tomatoes are in season.

Respected Contributor

good monday morning everyone. we will be having hot and humid all week. yestauday cooked burgers on grill and had rice on the nice. tonight maria is making chicken salad and we will make french frys. hope everyone has a great monday.

Respected Contributor

Last night we had fried cabbage, corn dogs and some macaroni salad. Had a lot of cabbage in the Fridge and did NOT want any to go to waste - so cooked most of it. Love my fried veggies.

Two little ones were rolling yesterday. This morning Ricky moved from his bed into the living room in MY chair. He appears to still be mostly asleep. Leah is moving about in her bed - guess the quiet of the morning is about gone. LOL.

At this point I have no clue what we will eat today but do know, there is plenty of food available. Milk, however, is what vanishes so very fast in this house. Davey can drink a gallon at one sitting - course he gobs it up with chocolate syrup and his Mother does the same. Milk has sure gotten pricey thru the years - ahhhh, I remember milking the cow at my grandparents home. What a good way to get milk and that milk where the cream rises to the top - no better cream. Yes indeed. Sure cannot find that any more unless of course you own a cow.

Hope all have a good day. Yesterday it was great until about 1 or 2 in the afternoon and then the humidity really set in. Did not turn the ACs on until about 2 in the afternoon. That will help with the $$$. Again, have a good day one and all.

Respected Contributor

Davey and I cleaned out the Fridge again as this morning is trash pick up day. Ricky went back to visit Sherry in San Bernardino and Leah finally ate one of those prepared toddler meals. Ricky loved them at her age but until last night she refused them. Figures she chowed down on one with pasta and a meat sauce like spaghetti. Funny thing was to look at her after she ate and she ate almost every piece. She looked like one big glob of spaghetti sauce. Right into the bath tub she went. LOL.

Now here it is, another day - will have something figured out by dinner time I am sure.

So sorry to hear about Senator McCain. He went through such a horrible thing being a prisoner of war for so many long years. Seems to me he suffered enough just with that alone. He is a strong man to have survived that.

Eat well everyone!!!!!!