Honored Contributor

Re: how do you manage to fit everything in your fridge after shopping at Costco?

I have a fridge and a chest freezer in the garage. LOL The only thing in the house fridge is food ready to be consumed soon. I mostly buy meat, dairy products and shelf stable items there anyway. I do get some produce but we don't have any problem going through the fruit quickly.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

Re: how do you manage to fit everything in your fridge after shopping at Costco?

An extra fridge in the garage is the only way to go.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

We bought a new fridge last fall. I used to have a side-by-side (the worst decision ever). We now have the bottom freezer with two compartments, one for pizzas and boxed items that are not too high. We had enough space in our laundry room to put the old fridge which now holds all the pop, beer, water and extras.

Honored Contributor

I have an extra freezer in the garage where I put frozen stuff from Costco but with just 2 of us now I buy few perishables like fruit or dairy at Costco; I have a ""Costco shelf"" in the garage where I store paper products I get in large quantities there....

Honored Contributor

Most of it goes in our stand-alone freezer.

Esteemed Contributor

Gooday, why was a side by side fridge a bad decision?

Our next fridge will be a bottom freezer because heat rises. I also want a chest freezer.

When I was single, I would go to BJs when they offered their 3 months for free. I bought paper goods, laundry and cleaning supplies, etc.

The mouthwash fell over into the toilet paper.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

On 7/21/2014 lovesrecess said:

I have an extra freezer in the garage where I put frozen stuff from Costco but with just 2 of us now I buy few perishables like fruit or dairy at Costco; I have a ""Costco shelf"" in the garage where I store paper products I get in large quantities there....

There was a time about 10 years ago in my parents neighborhood where extra rooms were made into ""Costco Rooms"". I kid you not.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I have an extra refrigerator and a deep freeze in the garage. My problem is a place to keep all the dry stuff. I don't think I'd need a whole room per se, but now that we have a free bedroom (intended to be made into an office), we're probably going get a shelving unit to stick inside the closet for overflow.

Valued Contributor

Thanks, glad I'm not alone! I think an extra fridge would make life so much easier. I have some shelves in the garage for extras, like a pantry, that is sure nice.
Honored Contributor

I don't have a large family at home anymore but I live close to Costco and go there about every 10 days. I have a list and stick to it! Never buy too much at one time.