Esteemed Contributor

Re: hot dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love chili dogs.....if I make them I use Nathans. We don't eat them very often though because of all the salt.

Trusted Contributor

I know I'm partial because I live here,but  Western NY has some of the best food !!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Hebrew National or Deutchmacher.

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

When I see a hot dog.........all I can think of is hog snouts and entrails

Yum!       

LOL

Honored Contributor

@CatLoverDogsToo wrote:

@ValuSkr  I loved Sahlens.  I grew up in Kenmore NY, and the best hot dogs ever: Ted's Charcoal Hots on Sheridan drive, they only served Sahlens.  I miss it. I am in Georgia now, and can't get a decent hot dog here.

Ted's on Sheridan was my introduction to Sahlen's as I used to frequently work in Buffalo.  I haven't been back in many years but they spoiled me forever -- any hot dog place where I live now doesn't begin to compare to Ted's!

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

But they are so good, especially BBQ.

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

When I see a hot dog........all I can think of is "where the heck is the ketchup?"

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@CatLoverDogsToo wrote:

@ValuSkr  I loved Sahlens.  I grew up in Kenmore NY, and the best hot dogs ever: Ted's Charcoal Hots on Sheridan drive, they only served Sahlens.  I miss it. I am in Georgia now, and can't get a decent hot dog here.

Ted's on Sheridan was my introduction to Sahlen's as I used to frequently work in Buffalo.  I haven't been back in many years but they spoiled me forever -- any hot dog place where I live now doesn't begin to compare to Ted's!

When I read the title of this thread - my first thought was Ted's!!!

There is now one downtown, on my way home from the gym.

I have only stopped once - but got a footlong with everything, onion rings and a loganberry!

Valued Contributor

Love Costco beef dogs, also the meat house in our town. Great beef dogs. Mmm good! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Foolywooly11 wrote:

Sabrett, for sure.Loved them off the hot dog carts in NYC, with cooked onions in a tomatoe-based "sauce". That was years ago! Don't know if they have those carts anymore. I stumbled across Sabrett's onions, like those served on the carts, in a Publix supermarket where I live now. Brought back some fond memories!

@Foolywooly11- nothing like dirty water NYC Sabrettes....corner of 72nd York and over by the Garden....the best ever!  But Hanks Franks in NJ come really close