Esteemed Contributor

Re: hot dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love hot dogs....always dirty water sabretts....Hanks Franks in N NJ

Trusted Contributor

I absolutely love hot dogs.  One of my top favorite foods.  I know they are not great for you, so I don't have them often.  Probably just in the summer on vacation when we stay at the shore for a couple of weeks and I will  buy a pack or two during the summer.  When they're  in the house, I could have one every day, that's why I try not to buy them often.

I like Nathan's, Sabrett, Hebrew National, and a brand called "Best".  No one mentioned those, I don't think.  They're pretty good.

I use to buy the lower fat, or turkey dogs, etc., but they are a pale comparson to a real hot dog, for me anyway, so I don't even try anymore.  They're like a hot dog imposter, just not satisfying for me, I wish they were.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

If I must, say at a picnic, Tofu Pups. Maybe once or twice a year.  Real dogs....no just never.

@phoenixbrd

Have you ever had Carrot Dogs?

Just Google....tasty...and you can load on the fixins'

without a.n.y. guilt.  

Everyone knows what makes a hot dog a hot dog....the soft bun, relish, ketsup, mustard..!

Honored Contributor

Ball Park.

Trusted Contributor

Sabrett, for sure.Loved them off the hot dog carts in NYC, with cooked onions in a tomatoe-based "sauce". That was years ago! Don't know if they have those carts anymore. I stumbled across Sabrett's onions, like those served on the carts, in a Publix supermarket where I live now. Brought back some fond memories!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom  Hey Sids!  This is the route I would go if it becomes necessary to eat a hot dog. I remember you posting about the carrot dog some time ago.  I usually avoid tofu, it is a default "food".  I easily forget that my eating habits are not the norm and reminded when I attend community events etc. and really need to cart my own food.  A colleague at work mentioned they are doing a 20 day detox and I thought great, I'll join and we can support one another.  When I asked her about her plans for detox she replied she was following Arbonne...so I looked it up.  Paleo, cooked meat/dairy. and lots of money for processed junk. (I was thinking fresh pressed organic fruit/veggie juice but I didn't want to rain on her parade.)  I realize what I do would be too fast of a detox for her and support her in her efforts to incorporate more whole food.  I remind myself that we all start somewhere and I'm the extreme.   Stay strong girl! Always love hearing from you and Cali.  

@sidsmom wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

If I must, say at a picnic, Tofu Pups. Maybe once or twice a year.  Real dogs....no just never.

@phoenixbrd

Have you ever had Carrot Dogs?

Just Google....tasty...and you can load on the fixins'

without a.n.y. guilt.  

Everyone knows what makes a hot dog a hot dog....the soft bun, relish, ketsup, mustard..!

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Blue Bell has never returned to New Mexico, right next door to Texas and Blue Bell. 

Kachina, I'm in AZ & we got Blue Bell ice cream back in the stores a month or so ago.

Respected Contributor

I like the kosher beef dinner franks that they sell at Costco.  I usually repackage them with my FoodSaver into meal sized packages & freeze for later.

Honored Contributor

When I see a hot dog.........all I can think of is hog snouts and entrails

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Hebrew National "Jumbo" Hot Dogs.  Just had some.  Love 'em!!!!!