Esteemed Contributor

Re: have to rave about this item

[ Edited ]

Hi @wagirl  .. I haven't ordered anything from QVC since last October.   But when I read your post and checked out this little gadget....  I just had to order it!  LOL.   Looks like it would really come in handy in the kitchen. 

Respected Contributor

I looked up the product and had to laugh at the beginning of the video when David said that it was his mom's favorite product from QVC, even though he sells his cookbooks on QVC-and then he made a pouty face lol

The product looks great, except, don't you have to chop the vegetables by hand anyway in order to fit them into the chopper? That's the only thing holding me back from ever buying any chopper gadgets.

Respected Contributor

Well, you all made me buy one even though I swore off buying kitchen gadgets recently. I have a larger food processer and a smaller 3 cup one and they both chop nuts unevenly. Too much really. I am so hoping this works well for nuts. I regret throwing out a smaller manual chopper because it chopped the nuts up pretty good but it was rusted and I no longer felt comfortable using it.  I also like this doesn’t require a cord. 

Keeping my fingers crossed that it works well for what I need.  

Thanks for sharing. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love this little chopper!  I have the larger one and then purchased the smaller ones (came gift boxed).

I think I use it many times a week...I am just letting you know:

blades are super sharp and so be careful taking the safety sleeve around the blades !!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wagirl - This item gets raves from me, too! I have two (an older version and a newer one—the latter purchased solely based on color as the other still works perfectly) and these fantastic little choppers get used at least once a week. I have also given them as gifts a few times, and I always get asked where people can buy more. (I assemble "combo packs" of a chopper and a pair of Kuhn Rikon shears and get raves of my own.)

To answer those who have asked in this thread, I use the chopper for garlic, onions, olives, celery, carrots, bread crumbs, nuts, fruit salsas/sauces, and many more things that aren't popping into my brain at the moment. It is SO easy to use and clean that I'm always finding new purposes for it.

This is definitely a gadget you need in your kitchen!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the recommendation. It looks like a great item for my kitchen. I just ordered it!

dee

Honored Contributor

reminds me of pulling on a push mower lawn mower. LOL

Respected Contributor

@cookie16 wrote:

I have the model from a few years ago, came with an extra bowl and lid too.  I love making and storing tuna or chicken salad with mine.  Chop some red onion and celery pieces with maybe 3 or 4 pulls of the handle, add 1 or 2 6oz cans of tuna, pepper and some mayo to your liking.  Pull handle a few times and the tuna salad is done.  Put on lid and into the fridge.  Same for chicken salad and also onions and garlic for making tomato sauce.  Love it and easy to clean as well.  A favorite purchase of mine.

I have the same model. It's got a four-cup bowl and three blades, plus the extra bowl and lids for both. I use mine for egg salad; gets the celery, scallion, and egg chopped just the way I want them. Never thought of it for tuna salad; will have to try it.

Valued Contributor

I love this chopper.  It's the only thing I've ever bought from QVC that I immediately ordered a back up. I had a kind friend give me one as a Christmas gift last year, too. The first one I bought had an extra container with a lid.  I don't need another one but I would in a heartbeat if I thought they'd never be offered again.

I am a canner and this little gadget is worth it's weight in gold.

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't want to be without mine.