Super Contributor

have Debbie Meyer's green bags changed?

The last of the ones I bought years ago from QVC have lost their effectiveness. I ordered some new one from Amazon, but I did notice in the reviews at Amazon and HSN indicate that the bags are different now - different color and lighter weight. Has anyone here noticed that change? Do they still work?

Super Contributor

Re: have Debbie Meyer's green bags changed?

No one uses these anymore?

Valued Contributor

I bought some recently at Publix. Had never used them before so I can't compare. But I will say they didn't work very well. I put some potatoes in one and within a week they were rotten. Not good! The smell was horrible.

Honored Contributor

Did they ever work? Never worked for me....
Super Contributor

I never liked them! I only got moldy food from using them.

Esteemed Contributor

They have always worked for me also her green boxes from HSN.
Esteemed Contributor

I've been using these for several years - the original ones I bought then. I only use them for certain things, because I've found that they just don't work for some foods. I do use them for tomatoes - I can keep them on my counter in a green bag, and they will keep for the longest time. The tomatoes that are not quite ripe will ripen well and not turn rotten. I also use them for celery, asparagus, broccoli, green peppers, and sometimes cabbage or lettuce. I do always wrap these in paper towels before putting them in the green bags and into the fridge, as I've found that helps them keep longer - they absorb the moisture. That's about all I use them for - they really don't work for bananas--I've actually found that if I leave not quite ripe bananas in the original plastic bag I put them in at the store, they keep longer!

I had been wondering whether they are still the same - and it sounds like they might not be. So not sure if I will order more..I'll have to look at reviews. The green boxes never worked for me...everything turned bad in a very short time.

Honored Contributor

The bags used to be hit and miss for me; now they're more miss. I recently purchased the boxes because I wanted to stock up on more fruits and veggies because I have a NutriBullet. I've only had them about two weeks which isn't long enough for a true evaluation. I will add that my raspberries spoiled in about a week's time but the blueberries were fine after ten days.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

On 8/29/2014 chrystaltree said: Did they ever work? Never worked for me....

I've had mine for a couple years. They never worked for me.

Respected Contributor

Did they ever work?

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield