Trusted Contributor

If you just want to send something small, that could be frozen if he/she might have diet restrictions post surgery, check Cheryls cookies website. They offer a few "cookie samplers" that come with free shipping (one variety sampler is $9.99 for 6 different cookies) and they can be frozen to eat at a later date. You pick the ship date. 

Esteemed Contributor

Depending on the surgery and her living arrangements...

Once a BF checked and then turned up with lunch for everyone.  Just fruit and sandwiches, clean up included 😍.  Still treasure the memory.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think the food on QVC is very good or worth the money they charge.  Besides the fact that shipping is unreliable.   I would go with a company that does this all the time.

There are some great suggestions on here, mine would be Stonewall Kitchen dot com.

Many different gift packs to choose from like jams & jellies,  mustards, spices, a whole lot of ideas!   I use them often and they are very reliable and the products are fresh and tasty.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks all. She doesn't live close to me and I've checked for local places to deliver. She's having shoulder surgery and so she won't limited on what she can eat. I was going to send her a cookie bouquet, I've loved getting them, from a local shop but the delivery charge is ridiculous. I may send a Grandma's coffee cake or something. Another friend lives close buy. I may ask her if she is going to do something and I can send her some money to take something from me. 

Honored Contributor

Lundberg farms has a website with a lot of snack type chips, rice cakes and snack things that would be great for someone recovering and needing something crisp.

I have ordered a lot of organic rice from them and always been pleased with the products, response and shipping.

Valued Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@KCDiva 

One can't beat River Street Sweets!  Family business, made in small batches.

I love their homemade caramel pecan pralines!

@ECBG I'm salivating just looking at the picture!

Honored Contributor

@shy bobcat 

This company is amazing.  The items come individually wrapped and when I get a no shipping deal or something, I have frozen the pralines and taken one out at a time.  

I have tasted many homemade candies when I taught candy making and they are top notch!

Valued Contributor

@ECBG  I like your idea of freezing the candy for a treat whenever you feel like it.  I may have to try this company for gift giving.  First, I need to try out these goodies as a treat to myself. 

Honored Contributor

Re: food gift ideas please

[ Edited ]

@shy bobcat wrote:

@ECBG  I like your idea of freezing the candy for a treat whenever you feel like it.  I may have to try this company for gift giving.  First, I need to try out these goodies as a treat to myself. 

@shy bobcat 

Get yourself a box of pralines.  Everyone that I have given them to has had an eye rolling experience!

If you have been to Barefoot Landing in Myrtle Beach, they have a store there and give out samples.  You see people with their bags everywhere!

Valued Contributor

@ECBG  Oh my..I'm salivating!