Honored Contributor

enjoying cooking with my cousin

I am enjoying a visit with my cousin and her  hubby for a few days.  I am teaching her how to make some of our favorite old recipes.

We started out with stuffed cabbage and lasagna roll-ups. Tomorrow we are going to do homemade gnocchi  &  eggplant parm (for the freezer) and a pot roast in the crockpot. we both recently started using a crockpot and love just put the ingredients in - and let it cook all day.

The lasagna roll ups are going to freezer tonight we  enjoyed the stuffed cabbage for dinner & I must say they were delicious!

It was nice to cook again haven't done much cooking lately.  Now, to get motivated to cook again for me (although I'm taking a doggie bag home🙂)

IMG_5288.jpeg

IMG_5291.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: enjoying cooking with my cousin

@homedecor1.  Cousin's  hubby must think he died and went to heaven.  Eatin' good!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@homedecor1   Looks delicious! Nom nom!

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 , well done!  Great to pass on the knowledge and recipes.

Respected Contributor

What a nice visit with your cousin. 

What time should I come over for dinner,

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1,

Nice to have a visit, the food looks great! 

pic--Smiley-Gal-ThumbsUp.jpg

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1  Looks good!  I love stuffed cabbage.  My MIL used to make big pots of stuffed cabbage simmering in a tomatoey sauce with slices of kielbasa in the sauce for extra flavor.  I don't make it often as I'd like, as my son and daughter are not big cabbage eaters.  What do they know about favorite old recipes!  Lol   

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 What a nice way to enjoy your time together.  In all my years, I have never had stuffed cabbage but I would love to try it.  I have a feeling I'd really like it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 Cooking with someone is how we were taught. It makes the best outcome. There are tips that are not on a written recipe. Wish I were there to learn, too.

Everything looks delicious.

Honored Contributor

Looks fantastic and delicious !! It is fun to cook/bake with others. I put a pork tenderloin into  my moms spare rib sauce recipe, in my crock pot yesterday. Geez it smelled so good. I shredded it and we had pulled pork sammies with coleslaw for dinner---have enough leftover for maybe pork tacos too.