Super Contributor

My daughter is getting me a new stove for my birthday / Christmas.  I would like to have a smooth top and induction heat would be nice. she doesn't have a lot of money and the stoves I have seen are well over a thousand dollars.  Does anyone have a recommendation for one under 700?  Thank you for your thoughts

Honored Contributor

Stoves with induction burners are very expensive, probably out of your price range.  I have a glass top stove and got a portable induction burner (TS on HSN today) and set it on one of my back burners.  It's all I've used in the past year but I don't cook a lot.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Perhaps a compromise would be the way to go.  Have your daughter decide how much she can afford to give you toward a new stove, and you add the additional cost to get the type of stove you really would prefer.   In any case, enjoy your new stove.

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

My husband says when I die he is just using a Nuwave cook plate, doesn't take up much space, stays cool and 100 at Walmart.

Respected Contributor

I doubt you'll find a new one for that price.  Perhaps look for a "used" one that someone is switching out because they want gas instead of electric, or stainless instead of white.  Some people remodel a new home before they even move in because the appliances are not what they want and so they put them up for sale.  Just make sure you research the appliance before you buy to make sure it's not a lemon.

Honored Contributor

I like gas better and when the electricity goes off you can still cook. I got the electric Sears Kenmore one with the simmer burner. What I don't like about it is the main one I use is on the right front because I'm right handed, numbers go from 1 to 10 no problem, but, the one on the left front is the opposite it's 10 down to 1. I learned that the hard way when it boiled water in about 20 seconds. This thing is commercial quality FAST ! I have to remember on the left they switched the power controls. I thought i would use the 'simmer' burner, don't think I have ever used it. LOL

I didn't want to clean and lift up the heavy grates anymore main reason I got the electric smooth top. You can buy the cleaner at walmart. I still like that about it can't have everything. Really pay attention to how the burners are numbered my best advice. Sears has a outlet store, too.

Super Contributor

Thank you for your replys.  I guess I will check reviews on a wide variety of brands.