Respected Contributor

TY to all for input! I love these forums and posters are truly helpful.

Glad to hear it wasn't just the 'Ron Popiel ' one that I had . I remember running DH out of the kitchen when I used it because of his 'funny' comparisions with bodily functions and possible solutiions. Smiley Happy

It sounds like the Phillips brand is quality from reviews I read  , but a little pricier than I wanted to go.  I have a KA mixer but I don't believe the attachments mix the dough and I am lazy . I have friends that have it and are happy with it.

The one on Evine is no longer at the sale price of 
$99. with reduced shipping  Smiley Sad . So I will keep watch and fingers crossed for repeat sale and more reviews to come in. Meanwhile I appreciate all of the brand name suggestions for good pastas. 

Frequent Contributor

I have the first edition of Todd English pasta maker and it works great. I really like using semolina flour with egg and water. 

The new model has more pasta shapes and a built in drawer to store the discs which is a nice feature. Clean up is not too bad.

Big difference between fresh pasta and boxed!

Trusted Contributor

Re: electric pasta machines

[ Edited ]

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

Does anyone own or have experience with an electric pasta maker?

In the 90s? they were all the rage and I bought a used Ron Popeil one . It took s-o  l-o-n-g to extrude that I gave up and donated it . Also ready made variety pastas came into the everyday market place.

I was watching Evine  and saw one by chef Todd ?? In the video it seems to work really fast --it mixes and then extrudes. It seemed to work fairly fast and had 3 reviews that were favorable. If it goes back on sale I may buy one. I would be interested if any one has input.

@okaywitheasypay

I had one and donated it to Goodwill.  Too many attachments, hard to clean, and I did not like the texture of the pasta.  Took too much space for the amount used.  YMMV.

Good luck.

Hung

Respected Contributor

FYI Costco online has the large Phillips machine on special for $199.99.  Includes 8 different pasta shapes and makes a pound of pasta.