Honored Contributor

@webbgarner1

I love mine too! I even bought a second one to have on hand when I found it on clearance.

I make omelets in mine often, not just hard cooked eggs.

BTW, I have seen the Dash brand egg cooker (& other small appliances) at Marshall's/TJ Maxx.

Trusted Contributor

Love my egg cooker! I can walk away and it turns off automatically. No more over cooked eggs. Best $20 I ever spent.

Honored Contributor

I had one that I got from HSN.  It lasted about 6 months and then stopped functioning.  I never did make omelets like they show in the demonstration.  I now make hard boiled eggs by cooking the eggs for about 12 minutes then plunging them into ice water for a couple of minutes.  Have had no trouble removing the shell doing it this way.  IMO save your money.

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner  Thanks for  that info, I will check out americas test kitchen. I had always boiled my eggs, always got the green around the yolk. , and they can be time consuming to peel sometimes. I was also interested in the poaching and omelet features.  Forgot about the istapot. May end up getting one of those as well. 

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624   I think I am going to have to try one of these things, sounds like most of you guys are really liking them. Thanks ladybug!

Honored Contributor

I can’t say enough good things about my MCM egg cooker we bought few years ago. Still going strong. Bought one for my daughter too.

One of my top kitchen finds from the Q.

Honored Contributor

I have the DASH brand and it does ok--not great. sometimes the hard cooked eggs are too soft. I had one that was shape like a laying chicken--Henrietta it was called--- that as the best little appliance. Yes they do work well. the shells peel off easy and only takes a few minutes. 

Valued Contributor

I bought an Elite Cuisine egg cooker several years ago and use it often ... I LOVE IT!! I also make poached eggs and omelets in mine.... works fantastic!...

I sprinkle some vinegar in the bottom after removing the eggs because the metal gets a little burnt ..this works great...I just wipe out the heated vinegar with a wet paper towel, then dry... wipe out the lid with another dry towel and store it away.

I bought mine on e-bay for $20... was worth every penny...

No more boiled dry pan (which I did several times), no more green yolks and easy peel... Hope this review helped...Have a great day!

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@webbgarner1

The Dash egg cooker is the best. No guessing on hard boiled ever again. Just follow instructions.

Honored Contributor

@webbgarner1 wrote:

@Sooner  Thanks for  that info, I will check out americas test kitchen. I had always boiled my eggs, always got the green around the yolk. , and they can be time consuming to peel sometimes. I was also interested in the poaching and omelet features.  Forgot about the istapot. May end up getting one of those as well. 

@webbgarner1 Ha ha!  I have had a number of pressure cookers because I like kitchen stuff and I am OLD!  I have had Cooks Essentials, ******or and Cuisinart ones and the Instant Pot is far and away the best and easiest to use!  All the others have been cranky about getting the lid on just so--but not these!

We have a 6 qt. AND a 3 qt. that use even more for small batches and we mostly use it for boiling eggs.  Omlets in the cookers are really just scrambled eggs and don't have the light brown outside real ones have.  They aren't hard to make--watch videos of Jacques Pepin, Julia and others!  Easy peasy and you can fill them with what you want (I sometimes cook the filling first in the nonstick pan, put that on a paper towel to drain and then make the omlet in the same pan and add the filling just before I turn it out--like Julia turn one out!).

We normally just poach eggs in water that is on simmer, or in boiling water that is swirling or whatever!    But the egg cookers do poached well with no fuss. We also have little egg coddlers (ceramic and OLD) and sometimes use that as well and they are good too!

Have fun--from another egg lover!