Respected Contributor

@Pooky1You probably are.  But, so be it.

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

am i the only person that fines when your listening to people eatting corn on the cob it kinda sounds nasty? im not tring to offend anyone just wondering if im the only one.

Yes, you are the only one....

Honored Contributor

@Leggett28 wrote:

@Pooky1 wrote:

am i the only person that fines when your listening to people eatting corn on the cob it kinda sounds nasty? im not tring to offend anyone just wondering if im the only one.

I know what you mean. I finally had to tell my husband that he had to stop eating it that way. Now he cuts it off the cob. Thank goodness.

@Leggett28 Tell your husband I am sorry for him.  It is WAY better off the cob.  I'd go in another room if I had to. 

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Leggett28 wrote:

@Pooky1 wrote:

I know what you mean. I finally had to tell my husband that he had to stop eating it that way. Now he cuts it off the cob. Thank goodness.

@Leggett28 Tell your husband I am sorry for him.  It is WAY better off the cob.  I'd go in another room if I had to. 

Thank you for your concern. He’s Italian and I don’t think corn is that big of a deal to him.  We have been together forty five years so I think we’re good😁

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I haven't eaten corn on the cob in years, due to some precarious dental work on my front teeth.  I just don't enjoy it as much, cutting it off the cob.  If I want corn, I always buy a can of Trader Joe's corn.  To me, tastes just like the fresh stuff, without all the work!

Me too.   I miss it too.   I'm going to buy TJ.  I buy their roasted corn and it's great so I'll try the plain too.

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 

The reason my words describe exactly what you were referring to, is because I have a condition known as hypersensitivity.  My  issues are auditory, visual, and taste, so I completely understand your comment.

I react strongly to the sounds of people eating.   That person isn’t doing anything wrong, or gross, and I am not being picky or irritating.   This is simply a strong auditory reaction within me that I have lived with my entire life.   I avoid noisy restaurants, family or church gatherings, etc.

I also react very strongly to visual images.   Anyone who monitors the Home thread has probably seen my response to pictures, with strong words like “my eyes hate it”.   Which is a 100% true statement of how that image reflects to me.   Color combinations, multiple patterns, the total amount of stuff in a room, hits me hard visually, and I cannot continue looking at that picture.   I cannot deal with the strong visual effect of walking into a room where my eyes are fighting to find a calm space to focus on.   This is exactly why my home is decorated with the colors I respond well to, and why I don’t cover my walls and rooms with a lot of stuff.  

As reflected in many comments here, I don't think many people are aware of hypersensitivity as a thing.    

Honored Contributor

part of the fun and enjoyment of eating corn on the cob is eating it ON THE COB.....biting/crunching, dripping butter, messy fingers and mouth.....it is an experience.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor
LOL That's hilarious! No, I never noticed. And it's a short step from thinking you have to eat corn on the cob, apples, etc. in private, to thinking others shouldn't be eating *theirs* in public.

I'll continue to enjoy corn on the cob at the picnic table with everyone else, and chomp into apples in public. And to anyone who's "offended," tough buns lol.

But thanks for the laugh!

What worries you masters you.
Valued Contributor

I never gave it a thought,  But this post reminded me I have some.  Just put it in the air fryer!

Respected Contributor

I find this interesting. I never thought much about this, but my high school French teacher once told me that when she came here from France (and she made it sound like all French people thought this), that they couldn’t stand to watch Americans eating  corn on the cob.That it was disgusting!!