Honored Contributor

coffee talk w/David -- Thursday

Wondering how many will ask David about the closing of forums.

I enjoy his chats, let's us know about "behind the scenes", personal things  and of course his honesty -- so "down to earth" sitting in his kitchen😊.  I look forward to watching every week but more so this week.

Thursday 10am on FB -- live chat if anyone is interested.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: coffee talk w/David -- Thursday

DV is loyal to QVC............don't expect too much.

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

DV is loyal to QVC............don't expect too much.

Of course he is loyal to his employer.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Yes I wholeheartedly understand this but I'm sure there will be questions -- he has huge followers on his chats.

I'm certainly not indicating he would compromise his job just curious --

@fthunt 

@mom2four0418 

Esteemed Contributor

People might ask about it, but my best guesses are...

1) David may not know a thing about the forums in general, let alone the fact that they're going away. That's not really advertised well even for those of us who use them regularly.

2) Even if David is aware of the forums, he won't have additional information beyond the banner we all see. QVC is not great at communication but does seem pretty good at making sure "the party line" is what its customers hear from its staff.

3) David would of course be sympathetic to any issue that is causing his viewers to be unhappy, but since he has no power to do anything about this situation, sympathy is all he'll have to give.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

homedecor11 loriqvcc mom2four04188 fthuntt   As he certainly doesn't appear to be ready to retire yet I am sure he will dodge any questions gracefully.

Plus, I am fairly confident that the high management echelon doesn't share too much information with even its stellar sales people.

I feel for all the employees of this outfit.  Time will disclose the denouement of this decidedly peculiar QVC  farce as it unfolds.

Glad I'm a mere loyal, frequent, customer and not one of its workers at any level.

Cheers!

aroc3435

Washington, DC 

Esteemed Contributor

I was wondering the same thing, but know he will dodge if there are any  questions.  I started watching this morning, but he talked a lot about his new cookbook.  I got bored. 

Respected Contributor

Surely no one thinks David is going to slam his EMPLOYER do they?????

Honored Contributor

Why burden David with questions like this?  What did David have to do with any of it and why would anyone even bring it up with him or expect him to comment?

Good grief leave the poor man alone!  He's not responsible. 

Respected Contributor

I'm sure he's been instructed in advance if anyone brought up the forums closing on how to respond to questions. All of the hosts probably have.