Super Contributor

breville convection countertop oven

I think the fan is going bad on this oven, makes a horrible noise when trying to use the convection mode, still heats up and works fine otherwise, anyone have problems with this ..I am wondering the price to get it repaired. only two years old but still out of warranty.  Thanks

Regular Contributor

Re: breville convection countertop oven

I am having the same issue.  My oven is between 2 and 3 years old.  Sounds to me like something has worked loose.  But the noise is not pleasant.  That said it still works perfectly.

I will try to contact customer service at Breville to see what they say, and post here what they reply.

Super Contributor

From what i read it might be something called the fan bushing ,it dries out due to the heat,but i dont know if its something i can replace myself and i really miss the convection feature.please let me know what you find out🙂
Respected Contributor

I never even use the convection on my Breville oven.  I turn it off when I set the temp & timer, since the one time I left it on, what I was cooking got way overdone because I didn't stand & watch it.  If I ever have the patience to play with it to find out how long things take to cook with the convection on, I might start using it.  I'm just not used to an oven with convection, as my "big oven" doesn't have it.

Regular Contributor

I e-mailed Breville describing issue.  No reply yet.  Disappointing as I recently contacted GE via e-mail and they replied within 24 hours and my issue was resolved.

I researched on-line and saw reference to bushing, also someone saying you can take side off oven, slightly bend fan to prevent the noise.  I would never do that.

But you taught me that I can turn off convection which I tried, and the noise was not there.  I will just not use convection and then I won't hear noise.  My other oven has convection so it will not be a problem.

I really like my Breville and hope it gives me many years of service.  Sorry I couldn't find a definitive answer for us.

Respected Contributor

FYI, an excellent option for a baking sheet to use in a Breville Smart Oven is the Wilton 8.5-Inch X 10-Inch Toaster Oven Sheet, which is like $5 at BB&B stores (it cost double that from Amazon).  I have a couple of them:

Image result for wilton 8.5-inch x 10-inch toaster oven sheet