Honored Contributor

Re: airfried a turkey breast---yum

I'm not in love with turkey.  I suspect I'd like it deep fried, but that's never going to happen in this house.  And what I'd probably like best would be the crisp skin.  Shame on me!

What are the chances air frying the breast might change my mind?

Honored Contributor

@wagirl 

Glad your turkey breast turned out yummy.

We have made boneless & bone in but did have to cut part of the bone off to make it fit.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife @ScarletDove 

Look at Meredith Laurence aka Blue Jean chef's website. She has 3 air fried turkey breast recipes on her site. I went by her recipes as a guideline for cooking time & temp.

I put pats of butter under the skin, rubbed it down with olive oil & sprinkled with seasonings. I also used a thermometer to check temp.

All 3 of her recipes state cooking time of 350° for 20-25 mins both sides or 20 mins breast side up or 20 mins breast side up plus 12 mins on each side of breast. Boneless 3 lb cook time 35-45 mins. Her bone in turkeys were 5 or 6 lbs. She also has a video with each recipe if you want to check those out.

Her recipes are Air Fried Turkey Breast with Herb Butter, Air Fried Turkey Breast with Cherry Glaze Or Air Fried Turkey Breast with Maple Mustard Glaze.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz 

Great idea! 

BJC is my go-to for IP recipes too!  She has never steered me wrong yet!

I sure miss her on the Q.

I get her emails every week.  Drool over her recipes and awwww over the pictures of her pups!

I love how a lot of her recipes she gives instructions for multiple machines to cook it in.

Esteemed Contributor

That's wonderful, @wagirl !

I am really late to the air fryer party, but I did purchase one for my daughter for Christmas.

You are making me think twice about whether or not I want one, too!

Honored Contributor

Have been putting off the purchase of an air fryer for too long. Turkey sounds great. BJC has the best recipes for everything. She has a knack for making her recipes and cooking actually look fun.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

Thank you @dex ...I could always google it, but it is nicer to be able to 'chat' with those that have experience.

I have found a lot of misinformation googling!

Sorry..didn’t mean to sound off.I just find so much stuff when I google and I didn’t know if you were one of those or not.I have friends who still don’t google..Blue Jean chef has a video on airfrying turkey breast that looks good.I haven’t tried it yet but I love airfrying so much that I own two.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wagirlThought that was you -- who got the great deal from Macy's on the IP Air Fryer.  Happy you're happy with it.  I got my IP Air Fryer from Kohl's the other day and it's still sitting in the shipping box waiting to be opened. Maybe over the weekend.  Apparently you're pretty satisfied with your purchase. 

I read reviews on the Power AF the Q had a couple weeks ago as their TSV and some weren't too happy -- some were.  Have fun using your AF.  And Happy Holidays!!!

Coffeedrinker