Honored Contributor

I bought Emeril Lagasse’s air fryer last year.   I have used it to cook potstickers, French fries, onion rings, pizza bites, biscuits, cinnamon rolls, bagel bites, mozzarella sticks, fish sticks, chicken strips, hot dog wieners, and reheat pizza.   

To me, it’s simply a tabletop oven, and I can cook just enough for my husband and I without having to heat up the stove oven.   

Honored Contributor

If you have a one or two person household, a small air fryer is great. I make salmon, tator tots, onion rings and a bunch of other things in mine. Just be aware that you won't have to cook as long or as hot as if you baked them in your oven. I really like mine when it is hot outside and I don't want to use my big oven.

Valued Contributor

Forgot to mention, I like how I can hook mine up on a table on the deck outside and cook out there.

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1, you're going to get different responses for your question.  I purchased my first air fryer in February and love it.  There is a learning curve no matter which one you buy.  Unlike advice that others have given you, I would get the largest size that you can.  You can cook smaller portions in a larger fryer, but you can't cook larger portions in a smaller one.  There are just two of us, but I bought the Paula Deen 8.5 qt. air fryer on Evine. com.  It has ceramic nonstick and is a breeze to clean besides having a one-basket system.  Because it's large, you can set different sized cooking vessels in it if you want.  For example, I was reheating a piece of Bubble Up Pizza (pizza made with biscuits), and cut it up so that it would heat evenly on an oven safe plate and was able to place the whole plate in there to heat the pizza.  Leftovers are AMAZING in an air fryer...leftover pizza, fries, etc.

You can make all sorts of things in an air fryer, and it doesn't heat up your house like an oven does.  We never ate fried foods because of the calories and mess, but now we do, since it takes very little oil.  And the taste and texture are so good.  You can also make fresh ingredient recipes in them that take less time than in an oven.  I will attach a photo of asparagus I make in mine!

I would advise you to join a Facebook group or two dedicated to air frying to see the kinds of things you can make in them and to get recipes.  A good group is called:  Cook's Essentials Air Fryer.  The creater of this page also has a youtube channel that shows you how to make recipes in an air fryer, and he reviews air fryers, too.

I wouldn't necessarily buy a cookbook, but I have looked at many at Barnes & Noble and from my library.  The best, by far, is The Blue Jean Chef's Air Fry Everything.  In fact, the asparagus recipe shown in my photo is from her.

I hope you get one and enjoy it like we have!

Unknown.jpg

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

This is the one I bought from HSN yesterday---have been thinking about an air fryer too, but don't like the shape of them.This one air fries as well as bakes and stews and you can make chilis and cassseroles in it and lots more.  Much smaller, more compact footprint for me. I have a big, 25 year old countertop convection thing that I use but it is hard to handle and store and clean.Aroma 4.7-Quart Turbo Air Fryer/Multicooker

Respected Contributor

tgbtg. your right about getting the biggest size. we said the same thing that a big size would make sense. your food looks good to. thank you an everyone else the commented.

Respected Contributor

I live alone, I bought the small 2.4 Cooks Essential air fryer, and I couldn't be happier with it. I make the best chicken wings, also buy a lot of fish and chicken from QVC that are delicious in it. I also buy frozen lightly breaded salmon from my grocery store. Hot dogs and the buns the last 2 minutes of the cooking time are like you are cooking on a grill. I love mine, and if there were two people here it would be good to. I buy a rice perforated paper from China , 6 inch size that fits in the bottom and helps with the cleaning, I just put the inner pan in my dish water and clean wuth a sponge and dry and its good to go.If you add the paper, never put it in unless you have food on it, as the fan will suck it up. I love mine, and it doesn't take up alot of room. 

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1 I use my air fryer all the time. It is because I have young children.  I make chicken nuggets, fries, tator tots...etc. from frozen.  It is great to make a few chicken nuggest without heating up the whole oven, and they turn out crispy. It serves as a quick snack machine for our household.

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1-----------if you look over at Winifred's What's cooking in June 

thread, you will see that our friend @mousiegirl spoke about her purchase and use of an air fryer on more than one occasion.........her insight and experience 

will be very helpful to you, I would think, especially given her above average cooking abilities.....

Hope you and Maria are enjoying the pool.....

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Pooky1, you're going to get different responses for your question.  I purchased my first air fryer in February and love it.  There is a learning curve no matter which one you buy.  Unlike advice that others have given you, I would get the largest size that you can.  You can cook smaller portions in a larger fryer, but you can't cook larger portions in a smaller one.  There are just two of us, but I bought the Paula Deen 8.5 qt. air fryer on Evine. com.  It has ceramic nonstick and is a breeze to clean besides having a one-basket system.  Because it's large, you can set different sized cooking vessels in it if you want.  For example, I was reheating a piece of Bubble Up Pizza (pizza made with biscuits), and cut it up so that it would heat evenly on an oven safe plate and was able to place the whole plate in there to heat the pizza.  Leftovers are AMAZING in an air fryer...leftover pizza, fries, etc.

You can make all sorts of things in an air fryer, and it doesn't heat up your house like an oven does.  We never ate fried foods because of the calories and mess, but now we do, since it takes very little oil.  And the taste and texture are so good.  You can also make fresh ingredient recipes in them that take less time than in an oven.  I will attach a photo of asparagus I make in mine!

I would advise you to join a Facebook group or two dedicated to air frying to see the kinds of things you can make in them and to get recipes.  A good group is called:  Cook's Essentials Air Fryer.  The creater of this page also has a youtube channel that shows you how to make recipes in an air fryer, and he reviews air fryers, too.

I wouldn't necessarily buy a cookbook, but I have looked at many at Barnes & Noble and from my library.  The best, by far, is The Blue Jean Chef's Air Fry Everything.  In fact, the asparagus recipe shown in my photo is from her.

I hope you get one and enjoy it like we have!

Unknown.jpg

@Ainhisg  I bought Wolfgang Puck's 7.5 qt air fryer a few months ago, and have made wonderful roasted chicken, salmon, can't remember what else, but am still learning.  I didn't think of asparagus, but I will try it soon.  I am going to try sweet potato fries also.