Super Contributor

In the last presentation, Meredith mentioned that she's experimenting with more recipes for the air fryer, and she will have a new cookbook coming out in the fall.  She mentioned something about putting a layer of breading OVER the batter, then cooking it, to mitigate the problem of a wet batter.

Also, I'm wondering if one could dip the food in a wet batter, then freeze before cooking in the air fryer, to work around the wet batter issue.

“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” —Jackie French Koller
Contributor

There is also a facebook group for air frying if you need ideas. Not sure if i can post the name here.. Josephine's air frying, there are people there

with all different brands. I joined and just bought the tsv

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

If anybody has Meridith's potato chip recipe I'd appreciate you posting it.

Potato Chips

Cook Time: 30 min.

Serves: 2 INGREDIENTS: 2 medium potatoes

1 tablespoon vegetable oil

1 teaspoon rosemary, chopped

1 pinch salt

DIRECTIONS:

Scrub the potatoes under cool water to clean. 

Cut the potatoes lengthwise and peel them into thin chips directly into a mixing bowl full of water.

Soak the potatoes for 30 minutes, changing the water several times. Drain thoroughly and pat completely dry with a paper towel. 

Preheat the Air fryer to 300°F.  

In a mixing bowl, toss the potatoes with vegetable oil.

Place them into the cooking basket and cook for 30 minutes or until golden brown, shaking frequently to ensure the chips are cooked evenly. When finished and still warm, toss in a large bowl with rosemary and salt.

Trusted Contributor

@bscandle I searched Josephines air frying on facebook and I don't see the group you are talking about? Can you post a link please? I'm very interested in this group.

Contributor
Honored Contributor

@bscandle wrote:

Hopefully it is ok to do it..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/882420908476095/?fref=nf

Thank you for the link. I could not find the page yesterday either. I did have to login to get to the page.

After you login click on Files under the Air Fryer at the top of the page.

Q Moderators please leave this link on the forums. It's just a link to Facebook with lots of Air Fryer recipes. Thank you.

Occasional Contributor

I fully agree! I have done many fresh breaded items, especially pork chops and chicken cutlets with just a spritz of olive oil and they are perfect! Totally disagree with statement that u don't need an sir fryer unless u are eating lots of frozen. In fact, I I hardly use it for frozen. Wish it was in stock so I can order the 1500 watt for my son and his new apt. He loves it and really wants one!

Esteemed Contributor

@swtchks wrote:

I fully agree! I have done many fresh breaded items, especially pork chops and chicken cutlets with just a spritz of olive oil and they are perfect! Totally disagree with statement that u don't need an sir fryer unless u are eating lots of frozen. In fact, I I hardly use it for frozen. Wish it was in stock so I can order the 1500 watt for my son and his new apt. He loves it and really wants one!

You could find your son a different brand of air fryer. There are so many. You may want to check Amazon for product reviews.

Respected Contributor

Same here, @swtchks..everything from parmesan crusted zucchini, yam fries, fried chicken, curly fries, breaded pork chops.  Just a spritz of canola oil spray to keep the breading from sticking and everything's been delicious!    I certainly wouldn't have invested in an air fryer for fries only, and I like my own breading recipes and ideas better than pre-packaged.Woman Happy 

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?