Honored Contributor

about the yonannas (sp) dessert maker

I prob spelled that wrong----anyway---does anyone have this and use it?  Been on before a while ago. Gets mixed reviews on the web sites I've used to research. Would like an actual user to tell me about it.

Honored Contributor

Re: about the yonannas (sp) dessert maker

This is a gadget that I use frequently. I like the plain banana, but when you add frozen pinapple chunks it is delicious. Also if you like chocolate, sprinkle cocoa on the bananas. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wagirl  I had one a few years ago, but sold it at a garage sale.  Sure, it creates creamy soft food like shown, but EVERYTHING tasted like bananas or a thick fruit frozen glob.     

I'm sure some like it and use it all the time, but for me, I wouldn't buy it again.  I ended up just buying an ice cream maker and use that occasionally.

Also, they sell at BB&B for the same price but you can also use a 20% coupon so it might be more inexpensive to just get it locally if you decide to purchase.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got one years ago and really like it.  I use it often.  I like banannas but when I eat one I always get indigestion but using this does not cause me to get it.  I add different fruits and even peanut butter.  I have even just done berries with no banannas or just a small chunk of bananna.  With plain berries I often whip in just about 4 tlbs of whipping cream.

Honored Contributor

You can do the same thing with a blender or magic bucket. I use my original magic bullet and blend up frozen bananas when they are a bit too ripe to eat fresh. I usually throw in a few fresh strawberries if I have them. I may add a splash of milk or cream if it is too thick...My last two grandbabies loved to have bananas this way.
Honored Contributor

thanks all! I don't need anymore gadgets and do have a magic bullet and a vitamix---will find recipes for those! I knew you all would help me out--:-)

Respected Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

thanks all! I don't need anymore gadgets and do have a magic bullet and a vitamix---will find recipes for those! I knew you all would help me out--:-)

@wagirl

Any frozen fruit, a bit of milk and sugar or sweetner to taste, in any of these gadgets will yield delicious ice cream.

Respected Contributor

I purchased The Dessert Bullet by NInja 0r Magic Bullet (?) a few years ago that is very  similar to Yonannas. Did I need it to survive --eh ---no. Smiley Happy but I do really enjoy the resulting product . I find I am  satiated with about a half a cup of product from it when I may want more of store ice cream ! I do like bananas though , usually use that base , + they are good for lowering blood pressure.

Personally I find the texture a bit more creamy with it than blender ice cream . It is easy to clean .A bottle brush/soap,a rinse then dish drainer. 

Respected Contributor

I bit and ordered one.  Only because DH has been on a banana kick and sometimes wants me to help him use them up before they're too far gone.  I like a banana best when it is a little firm.  I priced this machine at Amazon, was surprised to see they've come out with a more heavy-duty model.  Reviewers often claimed the much more expensive model broke faster than their old cheaper model and was almost as noisey so  I took advantage of the Q's markdown. 

I read that the addition of pineapple with the bananas is delicious..  

Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
You can do the same thing with a blender or magic bucket. I use my original magic bullet and blend up frozen bananas when they are a bit too ripe to eat fresh. I usually throw in a few fresh strawberries if I have them. I may add a splash of milk or cream if it is too thick...My last two grandbabies loved to have bananas this way.

I was just going to say the same thing.  I made up a fruit tray for a niece's wedding shower.  Raspberries, strawberries, pineapple, watermelon and cantaloupe and I  had bought much more than I needed and kept it in the cooler in case we ran out.  Lots of leftovers and I took home and put in freezer bags.  About twice a week I reach in and grab frozen pineapple and strawberries and toss those with some milk into a blender, add a bit of sugar and blend.  It works great - not that super smooth texture you get from a Vitamix but it's still very good!