Respected Contributor

Hi @Junker2327  As soon as I start baking and if the bread comes out the way I want it, I will post it for you.  I will start with one of the basic recipes that come with the machine and take it from there.

Respected Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

@CLEM  I have the mini Zo and have found it to be perfect in every way I've used it.  That said, I have not done a lot of experimentation with it.  I use my own measuring cups and spoons. 

If you buy one, I recommend Bread Machine Magic by Linda Rehberg and Lois Conway.  They break their recipes down for this size machine.  I usually make my own recipe for oatmeal bread by using the book's guideline but swapping out their water for my milk and add more molasses, less sugar and it comes out perfect which just proves there is room to play as long as you don't overload it and keep your ingredients balanced.

I probably make pizza dough most often.  I should use it more than I do.  It's nice for one or two people.

@Free2be wrote:

@CLEM  I have the mini Zo and have found it to be perfect in every way I've used it.  That said, I have not done a lot of experimentation with it.  I use my own measuring cups and spoons. 

If you buy one, I recommend Bread Machine Magic by Linda Rehberg and Lois Conway.  They break their recipes down for this size machine.  I usually make my own recipe for oatmeal bread by using the book's guideline but swapping out their water for my milk and add more molasses, less sugar and it comes out perfect which just proves there is room to play as long as you don't overload it and keep your ingredients balanced.

I probably make pizza dough most often.  I should use it more than I do.  It's nice for one or two people.

These books are invaluable!  I got my first machine when they first came out.  These saved me!  I live at high altitude and this causes some interesting adjustments.  Happy bread making.  FYI: I use King Arthur flour.  Gives me the best results.

Honored Contributor

@CLEM wrote:

Hi @Junker2327  As soon as I start baking and if the bread comes out the way I want it, I will post it for you.  I will start with one of the basic recipes that come with the machine and take it from there.

the recipe that came with my Zo was horrible. Flat tasting. I followed it pretty well to the T except for the salt. I cut it down, then, on my next go around using King Arthur Walter Sands recipe cut it down again to 1 teaspoon.

Homemade tastes better, but, I like the idea of putting in ingredients closing the lid and letting it take it from there. LOL

I have to keep dry milk on hand now. Most recipes call for that.

Respected Contributor

Success!

Just  baked the first loaf.  I chose the recipe for "Light Rye Bread" that came with the machine.  It turned out great.  After it cooled a bit, I cut off the first slice and I can say it is a rather satisfying bread.  So, I know the thing works.  Even though the buttons confuse me,.  Will learn.  Also will try to make different breads from the book I have ordered.

@Junker2327, here are the ingredients:

3/4 cup water

1 1/2 cups bread flour

2/3 cup Rye flour

1 1/2 tbsp sugar

1 1/2 tbs dry milk

1/2 tsp salt

1 tbsp butter

1 tsp active dry yeast

I used unbleached flour.  All ingredients were ordered from King Arthur Flour.

Respected Contributor

How does the dough blade come out of the baking container?  It was easy to get in and out before I baked, but now it is stuck.

Honored Contributor

just work it back and forth. think it says in the book what to do if can't get out I forgot what they said think they suggested some kind  of small tool

Respected Contributor

That little paddle can be a stubborn little thing!  Sometimes I will tug and twirl and tug until I'm about ready to tear out my hair and then suddenly it will come loose as if it says "ha ha, I could have done that anytime I wanted".  I swear it has a mind of its own.

Respected Contributor

@Free2be @SharkE  Thanks.

But I read the instructions a bit more carefully and it says to put a bit of warm soapy water in it.  Came out in a jiffy.  Makes sense.

Honored Contributor

whatever works. Never had the problem.

Honored Contributor

I just looked this little machine up.  Wow, $217 for a mini machine?