Esteemed Contributor

I bought oranges today called Red Moro (blood orange) as recommended by a friend in produce at my grocery store. I have been eating bags of Halos but decided to try these. They are delicious and red inside! I am hooked. Next I am going to try another variety of naval called Cara Cara. Anyone else eat these?

Honored Contributor
I can't stand the blood oranges. If they'd never called the "blood" oranges I'd probably be OK, but I just can't think of anything but blood when I see them.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I love them...they taste a little like raspberry to me, combined with orange.

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/16/2014 kachina624 said: I can't stand the blood oranges. If they'd never called the "blood" oranges I'd probably be OK, but I just can't think of anything but blood when I see them.

kachina, these are almost purple they are so dark red. I had never heard of blood oranges. They intrigue me as they are different. I am trying to eat healthier & eat oranges & bananas more. They aren't too easy to peel tho, but no seeds. I googled them and the ones I bought are the more tart of 3 varieties.

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/16/2014 terrier2 said:

I love them...they taste a little like raspberry to me, combined with orange.

I just read they have a slight taste of raspberry, I'm going to have to have another. I have a feeling I will be back for another bag by Saturday, lol.