Esteemed Contributor

Re: Yum! Homemade Peach Ice Cream

@Nightowlz   Boy, now you did it.  I showed DD your ice cream and she's in.  I am not even an ice cream lover but I want some.  I had an ice cream maker years ago, no idea of what became of it.  Buying another and making peach ice cream as soon as possible.

Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Nightowlz   Boy, now you did it.  I showed DD your ice cream and she's in.  I am not even an ice cream lover but I want some.  I had an ice cream maker years ago, no idea of what became of it.  Buying another and making peach ice cream as soon as possible.

Thanks for sharing.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Enjoy your ice cream. Let me know what you think. I found the recipe at grandma's vintage recipes blogspot. It was really good. Have not had homemade peach ice cream in a long time.

I would also like to try it with strawberries.

We took half of it over to my MIL's for her, DH's sister, son & wife.

We also gave her some peaches, tomatoes, peppers etc from our garden.

I wish I had the recipe my dad & his mom used to make when we visited. It was the best I have ever ate.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bridgegal wrote:

How do you get the peaches from whole to puree?

Peel and dice the peaches.  Put into a sauce pan and slowly bring to a boil.  Do not burn. Simmer a few minutes until soft.

Put in blender or food processor or an old fashioned ricer.  

Honored Contributor

When I  make ice cream with that much. cream and half and half, I find it has an unpleasant greasiness that actually coates the inside of my mouth.  I have to cut some of it with milk.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Bridgegal 

I used my Vitamix. Took less than a minute to puree.

If I make half a batch it will all fit in the Vitamix but the whole batch will not.

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Bridgegal 

If I make half a batch it will all fit in the Vitamix but the whole batch will not.

Thanks.   I assume you peel and chop the peaches and dump them in.   I don't have a vitamix but do have a food processor.  

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Bridgegal 

Thanks.   I assume you peel and chop the peaches and dump them in.   I don't have a vitamix but do have a food processor.  

@Bridgegal 

I boil some water to put the peaches in for about 30 seconds next put in some ice water. The peel comes off easy. I cut the peach off the pit in larger pieces to put in the Vitamix. The food processor should work. My peaches were ripe & juicy.

Respected Contributor

I use my Ninja Bullet to make an easy, delicious, fairly healthy version of peach ice cream.

1. 1 bags of sliced frozen peaches

2. 1 container of peach yogurt

3. a few splashes of 1% milk

I blend all together, then put in individual bowls in the freezer.

You can substitute any frozen fruit and any flavor yogurt.

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

I use my Ninja Bullet to make an easy, delicious, fairly healthy version of peach ice cream.

1. 1 bags of sliced frozen peaches

2. 1 container of peach yogurt

3. a few splashes of 1% milk

I blend all together, then put in individual bowls in the freezer.

You can substitute any frozen fruit and any flavor yogurt.

@lulu1 

I generally use frozen vanilla yogurt, milk, peaches to make a peach shake. Yum. DH loves them. I prefer frozen yogurt or gelato over ice cream. Something in ice cream not in the other 2 that bothers my stomach. I did ok eating the homemade peach ice cream so long as I don't over eat it. LOL!!!

DH said we should make some more. I told him I don't need anymore right now. It's really good just not something I'm interested in eating daily.