Respected Contributor

Re: Your recipe for scrambled eggs.

I made an omelet in my waffle iron the other day. Turned out wonderful and so simple.

Honored Contributor

I just found this online.

"Water or Milk? If you like fluffier scrambled eggs, add 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of water per egg. If you prefer creamy eggs, add 1 tablespoon of milk for each egg. You'll need a small frying pan to cook your eggs, preferably nonstick.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Salt, pepper, scallions & butter.  Never used milk or water.  Never heard of those combinations when scambling eggs.

And, for the record.....I never scramble in a bowl.  I break the eggs right in the frying pan (cast iron), throw in the incredients & scramble in there.

@Mz iMac 

I have always heard that called "shipwrecked" eggs!

Using milk or water and beating them in a bowl makes them fluff up; shipwrecking them doesn't. And it's certainly faster, right? 

Respected Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ   I put ketchup on my scrambled eggs too.

Honored Contributor

®Re: Your recipe for scrambled eggs.

Egg Beaters®

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I add a tad of half-and-half and cook them in avocado oil.  Butter has such a low smoke point that I no longer use it for cooking.  

Esteemed Contributor

Milk is not generally in my house, unless I need it for baking. But I don't use anything other than a pat of melted butter in the pan. Light on S & P and sometimes a pinch of sweet basil.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie I love scrambled eggs with a teaspoon of ricotta or cottage cheese and some parsley....for two eggs.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like them well-beaten (no streaks of white), Half & Half if I have it, and a pinch of Lowry's Seasoned Salt for each egg. A little butter in the skillet. Low and slow on the heat.

A dollop of sour cream is nice in scrambled eggs. 

DH likes to saute onion and chopped ham, and add cheese at the end.

Valued Contributor

Since we've been locked down so much (we love to go out for breakfast!) I've been making eggs different ways.  

Yesterday, I tried something different.  I scrambled 2 eggs in bacon fat (just a little), then heated up some deli ham, topped with shredded cheese (covered for a moment to melt). Then I put it all in a flour tortilla and folded it in thirds and heated it in bacon fat to crisp.

(this was for my DH).

He loved it!