Respected Contributor

Re: Your Favorites Out Of Public's Bakery?

@ECBG  I lived in Florida the past 25 years & Publix was the best!  However nothing surpasses Fresh Market, especially their produce, deli, bakery and ambiance you get to feel when shopping there!  Nothing's wrong with Publix but I'll take Fresh Market hands down.  

Trusted Contributor

Oh,  this isn't fair!!  We don't have a Publix here and now I'm craving something swee to go with my coffee  LOL    Everything sounds good!

Honored Contributor

I don't care for anything but I do buy their decorated cakes for a special occasion.   They do a great job, the cake is so tender & fresh & their decorating is great.

Everything else to me is a bit bland and doesn't last long.   Starts to go bad by about the 3rd day.   Got tired of wasting my money.

I'm a very amateur baker, if we want sweets or specialty breads, I make it myself.

Respected Contributor

Any of their breads are fabulous!  Their pecan coffee ring is very good as well.

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@ECBG  I lived in Florida the past 25 years & Publix was the best!  However nothing surpasses Fresh Market, especially their produce, deli, bakery and ambiance you get to feel when shopping there!  Nothing's wrong with Publix but I'll take Fresh Market hands down.  

I feel the same way....no comparison.  There is a Publix in almost every shopping center in south Florida where I have a condo.  While Publix is a nice store there is a Fresh Market about 10-15 minutes away in Coral Springs and it is an awesome store!

Honored Contributor

Whenever I go to Florida I look forward to shopping at Publix!  My DIL is always happy because I do all the grocery shopping while I am there..ha.  Fresh Market great as well but I do love Publix...and their bakery (a little too much..😆).

Respected Contributor

@haddon9  I now live in Nebraska.  My son who is in Ft Lauderdale said I would regret not having access to Publix however, the HyVee stores here make Publix look like 7-11's, lol.  No comparison to their deli, bakery & meat depts!  Unfortunately no Fresh Markets here in Nebr.  

Contributor

I was chatting with a bakery worker once and said everything looked so tempting and asked if they made everything in the store. She said the cakes come frozen but they decorate them in the store. I've heard that freezing actually makes cakes better. I have bought their key lime pie more than once. 

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@haddon9  I now live in Nebraska.  My son who is in Ft Lauderdale said I would regret not having access to Publix however, the HyVee stores here make Publix look like 7-11's, lol.  No comparison to their deli, bakery & meat depts!  Unfortunately no Fresh Markets here in Nebr.  

@BornToShop I've never been in a HyVee store.  As a matter of fact, I've never been to Nebraska but maybe someday! Smiley Happy

I live in PA (Have my mom's condo in S Fl) and mostly shop in small local chains here or Wegmans which is fabulous!...it's both a regular supermarket and high end gourment shop with lots of prepared foods.  I love Fresh Market too!

Honored Contributor

We don't have either of those stores where I live, but I have caramel cake from Publix and it was wonderful!