Respected Contributor

Re: Your Favorites Out Of Public's Bakery?

Where I live, people talk about the carrot cake at Publix.  They're pretty serious about it.  I tried it for the first time this past Easter.  I didn't feel like baking.  I thought it was just okay.  Around here, both Publix and Kroger sell Kenny's Pies.  Those are the same pies you can great at  Animal Kingdom in Disney, well the mango one.  Kenny's makes a bunch of delicious pies but I've only ever seen the key lime at either store.  I don't like key lime but I've heard it's delicious.  I've gotten some cakes and birthdays cakes from Publix but I thought they were a little dry.  I find most of their sponge dry, except cupcakes.  The bread/roll department is great.  You can order ahead (they sell out quickly), at least where I live.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

DH loves the Publix key lime pie.  A reasonable subsitute if you don't have a Publix near you might be the Edwards' frozen key lime pie.

The only Fresh Market around our Atlanta suburb that  I knew of closed a while back and has been repaced by a Lidl store.  I never cared for the Fresh Market near my old hometown in Northern Virginia, either, so the closure didn't surprise.

Edwards Desserts Key Lime Pie, 36.00 Oz, Size: 36 Oz (1.02Kg), Green

Trusted Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

DH loves the Publix key lime pie.  A reasonable subsitute if you don't have a Publix near you might be the Edwards' frozen key lime pie.

The only Fresh Market around our Atlanta suburb that  I knew of closed a while back and has been repaced by a Lidl store.  I never cared for the Fresh Market near my old hometown in Northern Virginia, either, so the closure didn't surprise.

Edwards Desserts Key Lime Pie, 36.00 Oz, Size: 36 Oz (1.02Kg), Green

We love Edward's variety of the single slice pies.  I get those because it's good portion control.  Me and DH have little self control over sweets and a whole pie would be catastrophic for our waistlines in this house. 

Frequent Contributor

We don't have Fresh Market around here but I do love Publix.  My favorites are:

--blueberry muffins

--fresh White Mountain bread (but it does get dry after a couple days)

--Macadamia nut cookies Publix Bakery Macadamia Nut Cookies

Janet in Georgia
Respected Contributor

German chocolate cake from Publix is the best........

Honored Contributor

Their birthday cakes but today we had a sheet cake fromBJs or Sams not sure it was excellent🎂🎂🎂