Esteemed Contributor

Re: Your Favorite Cookie, Homemade or Bought

I'm really not much of a cookie eater but I do like M&M cookies....basically a chocolate chip type cookie but replace the chips for M&Ms.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

My daughter's homemade chocolate chip cookies. Hands down wonderful! But if I have gone through them I like Tate's Raisin Oatmeal cookies next.

Right now I'm slowly going through a Bag of Archway iced oatmeal cookies, the small crisp variety. Their small crisp gingersnaps are just as good.

Esteemed Contributor

Nestle Toll House chocolate chip cookies (homemade from scratch) with walnuts.  Buttery heaven in my mouth.  Not really a fan of any other kind of cookie.  

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

Nestle Toll House chocolate chip cookies (homemade from scratch) with walnuts.  Buttery heaven in my mouth.  Not really a fan of any other kind of cookie.  

I'm reminded of that Friends episode about Phoebe's grandmother's choc chip cookie recipe.  Smiley Very Happy   Monica was trying to figure it out because they were so good and, after much comedy ensued (incl Joey eating the last of the last piece of the last cookie they had), it turned out that 

Spoiler
The "recipe" was simply the Nestle Toll House recipe from the back of the bag.
Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt   LOL. I had forgotten about that episode!

Honored Contributor

Nestle toll house and peanut butter no bake cookies are my current favorites.  

Esteemed Contributor

Chocolate chip all the way!!!!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

Nestle toll house and peanut butter no bake cookies are my current favorites.  

Ooh, I love the 'No Bake Cookies'.   I don't know if there are vastly different recipes, but mine (not written by me but tweaked a bit by me) is chocolate, peanut butter, oats, the usual butter/vanilla /sugar, and I add raisins to mine.  There might be more, but I have it typed up, thankfully.  Smiley Happy

Super easy and fast to make and just a wonderful mix of choc/pb flavors.    I've been wanting to make them again, as it's been a very long time.   I put them in L&L and store in the refrigerator and they stay very nice and fresh.   That's prob my favorite 'made' cookie.

As to store-bought, I suppose the Nabisco Pinwheels are my other fav.  I keep several pkgs of them on hand.  I eat no more than two a day. (two cookies, not two pkgs Smiley Very Happy).  

Trusted Contributor

Tate's gluten free Coconut Crisp is hands down the best store bought cookie I've ever tried and a bonus that it's gluten free.  Rivals anything homemade also.

Respected Contributor

Pepperidge Farm Verona (apricot) and Ginger Man!!!

But...they are getting too expensive for what you get...so I now buy Archway Ginger Snaps which are small cookies and are VERY crunchy!!

I think it's the crunch of the ginger snaps and ginger man cookies that I like ( Plus the flavor!!)

I dip in coffee to soften a little...if they are NOT softened I can eat an entire bag in one sitting (Especially when my anxiety is screaming....like if I see any of the absolute horror in Ukraine on TV.....)...

I have not eaten cookies in five years as I"ve been 100% keto for that long. But the current situation has so heightened my urge for sweets....I have been buying oranges and and HALOS by the ton ( !!) cause I figure if I HAVE to give in to sugar, I want to get something out of it. 

It's either that...or alcohol. Been sober fiver years in January, and it's been unbearable for me lately I want to drink SO MUCH. So far,I've resisted....asking myself how it would help, other than to kill the pain of watching suffering that I am powerless to change.*

*Other than giving to relief agencies, but that doesn't "Feel" like really "doing something" to me.