Honored Contributor

Re: Your Dinner Time So You Won't Be Hungry Again?

@SilleeMee wrote:

It's always at 5 for me. Even when I was a kid it was always 5 for dinner time. 

@SilleeMee 

It was always at 5 when I was a kid too. That's the time I still prefer to eat.

Same with taking a shower. There was 7 of us kids with 1 bathroom so we had to shower at night.

Could you imagine all of us trying to shower before school. LOL!!!

I was the last one in the bathroom so I could sleep longer. Dad had to pratically drag me out of bed. Being the last one I did not have to fight with the others on whose next.

To this day I still shower in the evening because that's what I'm used to.

Honored Contributor

Old habits are hard to break, aren't they. When school got out, usually about 2:30 in the afternoon, us kids would get home and raid the fridge for snacks. I still do that to this day! Every afternoon about 2,  I look in the fridge for a snack. Smiley Very Happy @Nightowlz 

Honored Contributor

We eat dinner at 7pm, later if we decide to go out for dinner.  Both hubby and I eat lunch around 2pm so we aren't hungry until then.

Honored Contributor

I never eat anything past  5 PM

Esteemed Contributor

We usually eat dinner together between 6 & 7:00. It’s been a ritual in our house since DH & I got married. It took on new meaning when my son was born 27 years ago.

My son now makes it a point to be home to eat dinner with us at least twice a week.We do a lot of catching up at the dinner table.That’s one of the ways we’ve stayed close over the years.Eating dinner together is a great way to touch base, communicate & connect.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Old habits are hard to break, aren't they. When school got out, usually about 2:30 in the afternoon, us kids would get home and raid the fridge for snacks. I still do that to this day! Every afternoon about 2,  I look in the fridge for a snack. Smiley Very Happy @Nightowlz 

@SilleeMee 

I remember the snack. Had to get it quick after school if you wanted one before dinner. I always grabbed a ding dong. Can't remember when the last time was I ate one of those Probably well over 30 yrs. LOL!!!