Honored Contributor

LOL Bought a new microwave yesterday in the directions it said

"do not allow children to swing from the open door".

Otherwise, don't come after them wanting money if you don't have enough sense not to allow your kids to swing from a microwave door and it tips over and beans them.

I'm sure this has been tried.   To the OP your right on target.

Trusted Contributor

What I want to know is why anyone would sell a PLASTIC cover for a baking dish. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: You just cant fix stupid

@CAcableGirl2

I don't think, or would hope not, that anyone would fault parents/people/anyone for not "cooking" meals after an exhausting day commuting/working.

Even just preparing dinner for two seemed a lot of work sometimes, but I found doing prep work on the weekends, or just grilling something very simple, helped a lot.  It didn't have to be a 4 course masterpiece every night Cat Happy

I hope for you a time when you are not exhausted! 

Honored Contributor
Miss Lorraine wrote:

They're actually plastic SEALS, for the purpose of storage.   You'd think that people would realize that plastic doesn't go in the oven, but I guess not.   That's why you see such ridiculous instructions on a lot of things. 

I guess those 'Tide Pods' need to have instructions on them, now that tells people ot to eat them, eh?  Smiley Very Happy    Boneheads

Most of my old Corning Ware has a glass lid that can be used with them in the oven, AND a plastic seal for storage.    A lot of Pyrex is the same way.

Honored Contributor

I wonder how many people return items because of their misuse and not the fault of the product.   Also, I've noticed in the little booklets that come with a toaster, iron, etc., some of the warnings are things most people would not do...do not use in water, etc.

Honored Contributor

@SharkEI am amazed at how many people don't cook much or not at all.  Years ago (the 90's) when one of my kids was in the upper elementary grades, I was waiting with a lot of mothers of kindergarten kids.  They were all saying how they almost never cook, but their Mom's still cooked for their Dads.  Guess cooking is becoming a lost art.  

Respected Contributor

My favorite is still the warning on my curling iron.. “Do NOT use While Sleeping!!!”..How is that even possible?!

Respected Contributor

HAHAHA!!!  

NO...YOU CAN’T!!! Totally agree!!!

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

@FuzzyFace.......................I want my baking dishes to have lids that way I can just put the lid on any left overs.  I also use the lids for taking the dish to potlucks.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@FuzzyFacewrote:

I have many pyrex and corning ware baking dishes with plastic covers. They are used to cover the dish when you put the contents into the fridge or to cover a cake sitting on the counter. Much easier and neater than foil or saran wrap.