Super Contributor

Re: You can now buy Olive Garden Italian Salad Dressing in the grocery store!!! ☺

On 3/11/2015 helping said: Can't stand Olive Garden food or service. Better to go to a local restaurant to see if they sell their salad dressing. I get mine from my favorite local Greek restaurant. I get their feta, too. Much better and better for you than mass-produced high fructose laden dressing from a chain.

DITTO.

Super Contributor

Re: You can now buy Olive Garden Italian Salad Dressing in the grocery store!!! ☺

On 3/12/2015 Mothertrucker said:

I have never had it, is it creamy or more like a "regular" Italian dressing?

No...it is not creamy. It is excellent and not too tart.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Trusted Contributor

Yes, we've been buying it for the past year at Sam's. It's delicious.

Valued Contributor

On 3/11/2015 ~k~ said: Our SAMs has it as well. They also have paneras salad dressing!

I buy the Panera Asian dressing at Target. Do you know if Walmart has it too?

Honored Contributor

Walmart:

Olive Garden Light Italian Dressing, 16 fl oz

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

On 3/11/2015 gloriajean said:

I bought it at Olive Garden. This is what's in it: water, soybean oil, distilled vinegar, high fructose corn syrup, salt, egg, romana cheese, dextrose etc. etc. and the high fructose corn syrup got me - we don't buy that anymore. And it's 3rd on the list. Dextrose is a sugar too, plus it has other sugars in, so it's not a very healthy dressing, tasty, yes, but not good for us, for those who care what we eat.

Agreed. Yeah, and the soybean oil, since it's not organic is totally GMO. 90% of the soy that grows in this country is. And Monsanto, who makes the chemical weed killer Roundup has the market cornered and poisoning everyone. And the HFCS is nasty as well.

If more people would just understand where their food comes from, they wouldn't buy garbage like this.

Honored Contributor

Apparently this is the only kind of salad dressing used in Olive Garden restaurants. If you requested another, they wouldn't have it.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the tip, always loved their all you can eat salad & bread sticks!

I haven't been in over 10-15 yrs., the service got so bad, but their food was good!

Honored Contributor

On 3/12/2015 Campion said:
On 3/11/2015 gloriajean said:

I bought it at Olive Garden. This is what's in it: water, soybean oil, distilled vinegar, high fructose corn syrup, salt, egg, romana cheese, dextrose etc. etc. and the high fructose corn syrup got me - we don't buy that anymore. And it's 3rd on the list. Dextrose is a sugar too, plus it has other sugars in, so it's not a very healthy dressing, tasty, yes, but not good for us, for those who care what we eat.

Great post! I love to be shamed by someone for having a tablespoon of dressing that has a few milligrams of dextrose and HFCS in it, because that tiny amount is going to overshadow the great raw vegetables I'm eating and make the entire salad worthless. Thanks.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

I had to go to Walmart today and was lucky enough to find a bottle, thanks so much for the info!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}