Contributor

Re: You can now buy Olive Garden Italian Salad Dressing in the grocery store!!! ☺

Yea!! My mouth is watering...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: You can now buy Olive Garden Italian Salad Dressing in the grocery store!!! ☺

I bought it at Olive Garden. This is what's in it: water, soybean oil, distilled vinegar, high fructose corn syrup, salt, egg, romana cheese, dextrose etc. etc. and the high fructose corn syrup got me - we don't buy that anymore. And it's 3rd on the list. Dextrose is a sugar too, plus it has other sugars in, so it's not a very healthy dressing, tasty, yes, but not good for us, for those who care what we eat.

Trusted Contributor

Can't stand Olive Garden food or service. Better to go to a local restaurant to see if they sell their salad dressing. I get mine from my favorite local Greek restaurant. I get their feta, too. Much better and better for you than mass-produced high fructose laden dressing from a chain.
Trusted Contributor

I happen to like it, too. It has a nice, tangy flavor, to me. I didn't know that it was available in stores now. I used to just buy it through the restaurant, if I wanted some. Smile

Honored Contributor

On 3/11/2015 helping said: Can't stand Olive Garden food or service. Better to go to a local restaurant to see if they sell their salad dressing. I get mine from my favorite local Greek restaurant. I get their feta, too. Much better and better for you than mass-produced high fructose laden dressing from a chain.

Wow get up on the wrong side of the bed?? {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

If you add grated Parmesan and a dash of sugar to Italian dressing (I think homemade is better than bottled) it will be similar to Olive Garden Dressing.

Respected Contributor

On 3/11/2015 gloriajean said:

I bought it at Olive Garden. This is what's in it: water, soybean oil, distilled vinegar, high fructose corn syrup, salt, egg, romana cheese, dextrose etc. etc. and the high fructose corn syrup got me - we don't buy that anymore. And it's 3rd on the list. Dextrose is a sugar too, plus it has other sugars in, so it's not a very healthy dressing, tasty, yes, but not good for us, for those who care what we eat.

Great post! I love to be shamed by someone for having a tablespoon of dressing that has a few milligrams of dextrose and HFCS in it, because that tiny amount is going to overshadow the great raw vegetables I'm eating and make the entire salad worthless. Thanks.

Frequent Contributor

Respected Contributor

I have never had it, is it creamy or more like a "regular" Italian dressing?

Contributor

Thank you So Happy Girl. I really try to avoid high fructose corn syrup.