Valued Contributor

I make my yogurt in my Instapot. After I strain it, I get a lot of whey. Any ideas on uses for it? Thanks. 

Esteemed Contributor

I use whey protein powder (Andrew Lessman) in the blender with almond milk and a banana.  That's pretty much my breakfast.  It does have many health benefits.  Maybe you could just mix in your leftover whey?

Valued Contributor

If you are on Facebook there are 2 great pages where you can find many ideas for the whey and ask questions.  

Instant Pot (R) Community --- has 3 million members (Make sure you use the page with the R in the circle. I could not type it with a circle here)

Instant Pot Yogurt 101  --- has 22,000 members. 

I make my own yogurt too, but do not use the whey for anything.  But many people on these 2 pages have discussed using it for their starter in next batches, use in their pancake mix, bread and biscuit dough, given to dogs, used in garden and other ideas which I do not recall at this time.  Each of the sites has a search feature so you could join and utilize that and maybe get other ideas from members too.  Just type "whey" or "uses for whey" in the search features.

Valued Contributor

@Scorpio1971 I was on a FB Instapot page and it crazy all the posts that came up. Had to unfriend it. I have used my whey on my lab's food. Thanks for the other ideas.  

Valued Contributor

@mare54 wrote:

@Scorpio1971 I was on a FB Instapot page and it crazy all the posts that came up. Had to unfriend it. I have used my whey on my lab's food. Thanks for the other ideas.  

The Instant Pot Yogurt 101 page has a lot less members on it so it has a lower volume of posts.  Plus it is dedicated only to yogurt so might be better if you were originally on the community page with 3 million members.  You could also try google searches for uses of yogurt whey.  Enjoy your yogurt!