Honored Contributor

I saw a Dash yogurt maker on HSN and then googled it on Amazon.  Does anyone have any brand of yogurt maker?  Pros/cons?  TIA!

Respected Contributor

Many people make yogurt in their Instant Pot pressure cooker. Just make sure the model says it makes yogurt. I need to try making it in mine.

Honored Contributor

mine is a euro cuisine......have had it for probably 12+ years.

i use it at least once a week. i have the one that makes 2 quarts at a time.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Yogurt in the instant pot is so easy and delicious. I'm eating some now.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

Many people make yogurt in their Instant Pot pressure cooker. Just make sure the model says it makes yogurt. I need to try making it in mine.

ITA.

Dash is in the $30+ range.

I would spend an additional $30 for an Instant Pot which

can do so much more....than a one-trick pony yogurt maker. 

Respected Contributor
I make yogurt in a crockpot. It’s super easy.
Respected Contributor

I have a Salton Brand if you can find an older one they are really nice. I use to make yogurt every week , sometimes twice a week when my kids still lived with me .They grew up and I made it for a while for just me. I need to get back to it. Mine you would make it like you make sour dough bread, you make it and save some for a starter for a new BATCH.    I   WOULD PURCHASE SOME PLAIN VANILLA YOGURT, AND MAKE A BATCH WITH THAT FIRST. 

Respected Contributor

I would rather make individual small jars. Did you find jars, or do you just make it in the instant pot bowl.?

Honored Contributor

Re: Yogurt Maker

[ Edited ]

@kaydee50 I have the Dash Greek yogurt maker and I LOVE it!  It is easy to use, doesn't take up a lot of space, and comes with the strainer to make Greek style yogurt.

I like it a lot! I have had it for at least 3 years and it is light, easy to clean, and makes good yogurt. 

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50   I just looked at the one on hsn... I'd get the one on amazon with the strainer I think because it's nice to have thicker yogurt if you want it.