Valued Contributor

Re: Yikes!!! August 2017 is here already - WHAT'S COOKING?

@Winifred wrote:

Welcome Aloha Sun. Hope you keep coming back. I ordered an Air Fryer also but have not tried it yet. I need to get a move on and try something.

Keep messing up - wish I could figure out what happened to my PC. At any rate, fixed some pork chops, onions and string beans in my slow cooker last night. Also fixed some noodles as a go with. Also put some dried Italian dressing in the cooker - helped spice it up a bit. Amazing what those dry packets of seasonings can do in a slow cooker.

We had a big fire start yesterday nearby - and it is still going. They have arrested someone they suspect may have started it. Those fires are so dangerous in many ways - if he is guilty will not write what should be done to him. Also had some serious flash flooding nearby also - what a difference.

Have a great day everyone!

@Winifred Thank You for the welcome mat!!  

Mmmmm, your pork chops, onions & string beans sounds real yummy.

Very similar to what I made, only I had mine with rice.  Boring Dish.

I have the very small 2 Qt pressure cooker, but for the life of me, I keep

screwing up using that thing.  At least it was a freebie, no loss there.

But I do luv luv my Induction Cooktop.  

Tomorrow my  new Air Fryer should be arriving, hope I get better results

with that.  I've already made room on my counter for it.   I did have the original

Nuwave Oven, but, I gave it away....too bulky & clean up was a chore.

Hope you enjoy using your New Air Fryer!!!!!

Sorry to hear about the fire and flooding you had over there.  Hope no 

loss of lives. 

Aloha.

Super Contributor

Happy August.... waiting Autumn to come.  =) 

I just made the Inside Out Grilled Cheese using my new Copper Chef pan.  Used the cheese the recipe called for.. have to say it's a little to strong for me.     

Respected Contributor

Hi Patty. Good to see you here and we welcome one and all. We have lost a lot of our regulars and I personally find that so disappointing.. Please come back often - always interested in what to eat and find other ideas.

We had refrigerator food last night as I had a bit too much still sitting in there. Did fix the little girl some mac and cheese - trying to get her to eat - and while she did not inhale it, she ate and I was much relieved. In fact I had her nibbling a good part of the day yesterday on several things. AND best thing was she went to sleep at a decent time - after three nights in a row at midnight, that too was welcome. For some reason while she did not appear to feel bad or anything, her sleeping and eating has been way off. It happens but sure a relief for this old woman when things calm down.

Aloha Sun, did you get your Air Fryer? Have you tried it yet? 

1905Salad - where are you hiding? Miss you - Pooky1? what's up at your house?

Preds you aren't going to disappear on us again are you? Always love your special greetings.

Meallen616 , I forgot to mention I enjoyed your August greeting also.

Bev, aka Soushi, we still miss you so very much - you put the zing into things here. We realize, your grief is having to wind its way through your life now but it is important you know we miss you AND understand.Now what for dinner? Have a choice to finish up what is in the Fridge or try something new - I should clean out the Fridge and then worry Sunday about a new meal. LOL.

Have a great day everyone.

Valued Contributor

@Winifred Sad to say, since it's only around 7:20am here, my

air fryer did not get delivered.  USPS won't be coming around till

much much later...after 12pm.  Did you get yours yet?

Have you decided what the first thing you're going to cook in it?

Contributor

Hi Everyone!

I bought a bag of riced califlower at Trader Joes's, I'm not sure exactly what I want to do with it. I thought I would make tiny "pizza crusts" with it, just add egg, basil and mozzarella cheese. I bought the basil. Then my friend gave me another gigantic zucchuni so I thought I will slice and bake that into pizza crust. Winifred, did you eat your zucchini? 

I am also frying up mushrooms and onions as a pizza topping.

Respected Contributor

we allso bought riced cauliflower at trader joes. were going to use it inplace of rice like a stirfry over rice.  the last day of july i wrote a recipe on julys thread. i dont think anyone saw it. hope all of you has a great sunday.

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy sunday morning

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Hi Preds - you too Pooky1. I was busy yesterday - long story short but took the little girl to Sunday School for a short while. She was great and loved it so while I found out that was the only way I would get to church, I took her. Service half over but it was a gamble and it worked. May just start taking her from here on out.

Nice and cool this morning - love it!!!d Am sure it will not stay that way. Just hung a load of clothes out on the line - hardly could see anything but I think it worked. LOL.  No more washing today - yesterday I washed one load also - have to do it when I can I guess.

Now food - which is the real subject here. I ate out - BY MYSELF - and loved every minute. Took the little girl to Sherry's to spend some time with them as I have a zillion things to do today - Ricky was already there. Told them I would pick her up today but may whine and see if they can stay another day. I ate some marvelous Fettuccine Alfredo - minus anything else, i.e. chicken in it. Much prefer it with just pasta, no meat. Also came with a salad and great garlic toast. Brought enough home for another meal - maybe more. Guess I should check to see if it is still in the Fridge. LOL.

Hope one and all have a great day.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

TAKE ANOTHER DAY FOR YOURSELF @Winifred!  You've earned it sweetie! Smiley Happy

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

What's cooking? Let's see, oh yes.. zucchini, zucchini, and... um zucchini. Yikes!