Honored Contributor

Re: Yesterday's gourmet holiday show

T here are people who have the money for such things, don't mind spending it and want to just order all their holiday foods and goodies, pre-cooked, and have everything delivered right to their door. Money isn't everything, you know. There are a lot of professionals who work very hard and they are long on money and very short on time. And they cannot cook! LOL Sure you can find cooked dinners with all the fixings locally, for much less money. But, they don't deliver them to your door and you have to go other places for desserts and appetizers. QVC would be one stop shopping. I remember the year my mom passed away, I was grieving and depressed and my mind just was not into making a holiday for my family. I just couldn't deal with it mentally. I didn't want to deal with it. My husband bought a fully cooked turkey dinner from a grocery store and I bought a ton desserts and candy and appetizers from QVC and some catalog that I can't remember the name of. My family and guests had everything they needed for a Merry Christmas and that is what mattered to me. Cost was not an issue. I'm sure it was incredibly expensive but the convenience was worth every penny and more.

Esteemed Contributor

Boston Market delivers everything to your door.

So do some grocery stores!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

I registeted with Honey Baked Ham on line. Every year they send me emails with free shipping. I live 3 miles from our local store ,but it is in a very small shopping center and difficult to get in and out of the parking lot when everyone is trying to pick up the orders. UPS delivers to my door..... packed in a cooler. I always order the roasted turkey and a spiral sliced ham. My brother died this year and hard to get ready, so I ordered the 3 sides combo of potatos au ... whatever, the broccoli and rice, sweet potato casserole. The sides are small two pound packages so we ordered double for about $150.00 . Some will consider this pricy but for me worth every penny and better than eating out because we tried that one year and vowed never to do again. I have my own home made dressing and cream cheese pound cake in the freezer and will need to make a pumpkin and pecan pie. I am relieved, Blessed and Thankful!
Respected Contributor

On 11/12/2014 molisa said:
On 11/12/2014 chickenbutt said:
On 11/12/2014 EnglishRose88 said: Their prices are crazy! A KC spiral sliced ham for $10/lb! I bought a spiral sliced ham and glaze over the weekend for $2.18/lb.

Those KC hams really are the best, but it seems like they are trying to price themselves out of the market this year. I've purchased them every year for several years, but the price went up considerably this year - at QVC anyway.

In general I don't like pork, especially ham. But I to agree with you. If I have to eat ham those are the best! Never bought one myself but my boss has brought them in to holiday dinners.

Another vote for KC hams being the best I ever had. I prefer ordering my KC direct from them. Once you have ordered from them they send special offers all the time. Mostly I like beef tenderloin which Q stopped offering. They also have a very good pre cooked brisket that I have ordered several times. Also like that I can pick my own delivery date when ordering direct from them.
Trusted Contributor

Q price for spiral ham, 7.25-8.5 lbs is $72.98 for 4 easy pay, and KC site has the same ham and weight for $59.95, and with pay pal credit, can be 6 pay.........Wink

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Honored Contributor

On 11/12/2014 forrestwolf said:

Q price for spiral ham, 7.25-8.5 lbs is $72.98 for 4 easy pay, and KC site has the same ham and weight for $59.95, and with pay pal credit, can be 6 pay.........Wink

Yeah, I saw that. I have one in my shopping cart. I wish I could order it now but get a Dec delivery, but I don't think they do that. I don't know if the price will go up or the free ship will go away so I'm thinking I will cancel the one I have at QVC and order it directly from KC. It's kind of stupid to pay that much more for the same exact thing - just to get a delayed shipment. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Yeah, I saw that. I have one in my shopping cart. I wish I could order it now but get a Dec delivery, but I don't think they do that. I don't know if the price will go up or the free ship will go away so I'm thinking I will cancel the one I have at QVC and order it directly from KC. It's kind of stupid to pay that much more for the same exact thing - just to get a delayed shipment. Smiley Happy

It used to be that Q had better prices than KC, but they sure as heck do not any more.....Wink

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Honored Contributor

It used to be that Q had better prices than KC, but they sure as heck do not any more.....Wink

I decided to go back to KC to complete that sale and they added shipping, so the cost ended up being about $3 different from the QVC price. Weird, so I got out of there.

Too bad they have increased the price so much. These are great hams but I'm sure the price increase precluded many people from purchasing them. The only reason I probably still will is that, even at that cost, the 'per use' cost is low. I get a whole bunch of servings, plus I make up several packets of several slices, AND I get a huge pot of split pea soup that's another dozen plus servings.

I'd rather pay for outstanding quality, but there will be a limit at some point! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I find most of the food prices at qvc to be outrageous, Glad for those who can afford it but I can't. I would love to try the lobster gram, I am always tempted when they come on. Today I saw the prime rib, another item that's always tempted me but it was around $90 bucks! I get mine for about half that locally and it's usually pretty good. My daughter did order the Cheryl's cookies, 10 individual gifts for under $50 which is not bad at all. She is saving me one and I'm anxious to try them. Years ago I ordered crab cakes by a company they no longer offer and they were terrible and also Kansas city burgers. Crab cakes were terrible and the burgers were ok but not any better than I get here at my butcher,